Assistant Professor of Psychology
The Department of Psychology at High Point University invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the undergraduate level in clinical psychology. This is a non-tenure track, Assistant Professor position. The starting date is August 2022.
- PhD in Psychology or Psy.D is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability: Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and student mentorship.
Ability to mentor students in a clinical track is preferred.
- Teaching three courses at the undergraduate level per semester.
- Candidates should be actively engaged in scholarship, with expectations to maintain a program of research and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Teaching responsibilities include Abnormal Psychology, Psychological Counseling, Child Psychopathology, Personality and Psychopathology, courses in the applicant’s specialty area, and courses supporting departmental needs (e.g. Introduction to Psychology and Research Methods).
- Service to both the department and the University.
Please attach all of the following required application materials in the Faculty Application Documents Upload section of the online application. To apply you may visit http:www.highpoint.edu/administration/employment-opportunities/.
All application materials listed below should be uploaded:
- Cover letter describing which position is sought.
- Current curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience, and evidence of teaching excellence
- A list of courses applicant is qualified to teach
- Graduate transcripts
- Reprints or pre-prints
- Contact information for three professional references
- A statement of research interests, including a description of the applicant’s research program. (optional)
Applications for this position will be accepted through September 1, 2021.
In addition applicants should arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation to be sent electronically to Dean Ken Elston at email@example.com
At High Point University the faculty and staff are devoted to ensuring every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. High Point University is a God, family and country school.
High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas. High Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses. The university considers a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission and encourages all applicants to apply.