Assistant Director of Graduate Clinical Placement
Job Title Assistant Director of Graduate Clinical Placement Posting Number S928P Classification Title
Assistant Director Graduate Clinical Placement provides administrative support and leadership by coordinating student clinical placement, communicating agency requirements and health documents between the clinical affiliations department, faculty and students of the graduate nursing programs. This position also includes community engagement projects, establishing preceptor agreements and gathering data for program evaluation and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide administrative support and leadership for clinical student placement.
2. Attend departmental meetings and prepares documents as needed.
3. Schedule meetings, prepares agendas and minutes for assigned committees.
4. Collect data and prepare reports for the institution, state regulatory agencies, and accreditation bodies, especially regarding clinical affiliations.
5. Collaborate with the department chair, program directors and specialist to create clinical progression sheets and long-term placement plans and notifies students of schedules for registrations.
6. Prepare and provide accurate scheduling information and number of students for each clinical facility rotation request per semester and/or per academic year.
7. Support and assist with processes and activities for clinical placement and student health record maintenance.
8. Ensure compliance of all required clinical facility documents and health records are sent to clinical faculty and students to send to each approved clinical facility as applicable per semester and issue clearance slips as needed.
9. Schedule and conduct clinical faculty orientation to specific clinical facility requirements/paperwork.
10. Maintain accurate records (dates, times, location, and names of participants, etc.) of community events and volunteer opportunities where faculty and students served upload to shared drive.
11. Establish, coordinate, and confirm clinical practice opportunities for faculty and students.
12. Engage with community partners, ensuring long-term community relationships.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative, and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to investigate and analyze information, and to draw conclusions.
Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to demonstrate excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems, and procedures with accuracy.
Ability to function as a team player with excellent skills in consultation and collaboration.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of Nursing and experience.
Open Date 05/18/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6517 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4