Athletic Facility Maintenance Assistant
The Wesleyan Athletic Department, located in the Freeman Athletic Center, a state-of-the-art-facility, is a member of the prestigious New England Small College Athletic Conference ( NESCAC ). They sponsor 30 varsity sports and believe athletics plays an integral part in a Wesleyan scholar–athlete’s liberal arts education. Highly trained and dedicated faculty-coaches, administrators and staff work collaboratively and tirelessly to assist student-athletes in reaching their academic and athletic goals.
Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director for Facilities and Operations, the Athletic Facility Maintenance Assistant will perform all grounds and facilities maintenance tasks for the Department of Physical Education and Athletics.
• Complete all seasonal and game-day equipment, field and surface preparations for 30 varsity, as well as all intramural and club sport programs, and rental events.
• Install and set up all practice and game equipment according to detailed guidelines and strict deadlines.
• Maintain pool including cleanliness, chemical levels, temperature, and air quality.
• Work with and guide temporary workers and student crews.
• Drive department trucks and tractors to deliver materials and supplies.
• Operate power and ground maintenance equipment.
• Perform minor equipment repairs as needed.
• Partner with the Public Safety Department to open and close the facilities.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
High School Diploma or equivalent and up to 1 year of related
Ability to assist with and/or complete minor equipment or maintenance repairs.
Demonstrated problem solving skills.
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings.
Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
Must have and maintain a valid CT driver’s license.
Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds, climb and assemble and disassemble equipment with or without accommodation.
Ability to work a highly variable schedule including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and to interact collegially with individuals of different backgrounds.
Previous related experience in athletic facility maintenance
and/or as a facility maintenance person.
Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with using and maintaining equipment. Proven knowledge of field measurement requirements and set up. Specifically, football, soccer, men’s and women’s lacrosse, field hockey, rugby, softball and baseball.
Previous experience working with sports camps or in a Physical Education Department. Current Pool Operator’s Certificate.
Prior experience in ice rink and swimming pool operations.
Knowledge of athletic equipment and facility maintenance.
Demonstrated ability to operate a line-striping machine.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application close date is June 15, 2021.
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Athletics Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown