Provides administrative staff support to a university executive.
Organizes and coordinates activities of the unit.
- Drafts correspondence, memoranda, speeches, position papers,
program/grant proposals and other written documentation.
- Assists in organizing activities of the unit, such as retreats,
staff development, committee appointments, internship programs,
awards ceremonies, etc.
- Serves on committees and task forces as a representative of the
- Responds to information requests from internal and external
agencies and offices and conducts research to assist in policy and
- May collect information, and write and edit newsletter or news
bulletins for the unit.
- Participates in special projects and prepares a variety of
statistical reports as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Further information about the Law Center and its programs is
available at http://www.law.uh.edu
- This posting is for a position at the University of Houston Law
Center supporting several full-time faculty members in an
administrative capacity while interacting with Law Center students,
other staff, and supervising UH students hired for administrative
- A strong candidate will have the following skills: high
proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; excellent
professional business communications skills, both as to email and
interactive communications; bookkeeping or accounting experience;
proficiency in enterprise software systems such as Concur for
travel; and experience with accounting, financial and
administrative systems through which organizations process funds
and administer budgets.
- This search is coordinated by the office of the Law Center's
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. In addition to the formal
application made in response to this posting, applicants should
send the office a short email to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please express your interest and attach a resume or curriculum
vitae to that email.
- Department willing to take experience in lieu of
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a
minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
Notes to Applicant: