Posting Number NC00154P Quick Link for Position https://jobs.uafs.edu/postings/1850 Working Title Admissions Advisor Position Number Department Admissions About the University
For more than 6,000 students each semester, the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith offers a dynamic and diverse learning community with a student-centered approach focused on the success of the individual. Small class sizes combine with innovative, hands-on learning and research experiences alongside expert faculty to ensure students receive a future-focused education at the most affordable tuition rate in the state. The university has undergone significant changes since its founding in 1928 and now offers 51 bachelor’s and associate degrees, two master’s degrees, and 36 certificate programs, all aimed at preparing students for success in the global workforce. UAFS is one of 21 academic institutions and affiliates governed by the University of Arkansas System.
The second-largest city in the state, Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Established in 1817 as a frontier military post, Fort Smith is now a vibrant and growing city featuring a variety of cultural activities and entertainment options, including a thriving downtown arts and entertainment district. Outdoors enthusiasts will appreciate the Natural State’s plentiful trails, mountains, forests, parks, and waterways, both within city limits and throughout the surrounding area. The city is also within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Memphis.
The UAFS campus is comprised of 77 buildings and facilities located on 170 beautifully manicured acres and crowned with the Donald W. Reynolds Campus Plaza, Tower, and Campus Green. Students who choose to live on campus may do so in one of two residence hall complexes, complete with a full-service dining center, or the on-campus apartment complex for married students and upperclassmen. Campus involvement is encouraged by participation in more than 100 registered student organizations, which includes academic societies, a dynamic Greek life system, intramural sports, and cultural/special interest groups. The UAFS Lions compete in NCAA Division II Lonestar Conference in men’s baseball, women’s volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, golf, cross country, and tennis.
About the College / Department Position Summary
The Admissions Advisor works ultimately toward acquiring prospective students through a variety of recruitment initiatives including event planning, attendance at college fairs, high school visits, and other off-campus recruitment activities. They will develop and maintain excellent relationships with high school counselors and administrators; prospective students and their families; and the University community at-large. They work as a team player in the Admissions Office assisting in all recruitment special events, tours, new student orientations, and student walk-in traffic. They will be cross-trained within all programs of Enrollment Management and trained to the academic programs of the University to promote accurate information to prospective students. They will serve as a student advocate to help ensure student success to promote enrollment and retention. They must exhibit a positive and professional attitude and maintain professional appearance at all times. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Admissions.
Summary of Job Duties
• Coordinate and participate in a variety of recruitment initiatives including planning of recruitment events; attending college fairs; participating in high school and community college visits.
• Organize on-campus recruitment activities while working with multiple departments across campus to ensure students are connected with the campus support they need while a UAFS student.
• Promote conversation and build relationships with high school counselors, community college counselors, administrators, and prospective students and their families.
• Develop and implement a recruitment plan for a specified territory.
• Assist with in-office processes, communication to prospective students, recruitment material, using admissions funnel data to track prospective students, assist with new student orientations, and front-desk customer service.
• Utilize the university’s CRM system, Slate, in order to build communication, reports, and assist in overall territory management.
• Utilize phone, email, and mail to communicate with prospective students in a timely manner, providing excellent customer service.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork and by providing leadership to subordinates.
• Requires consistent on-time attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience in student activities, recruitment, orientation leader, marketing, public relations, event planning, or related experience is a plus.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for part of these requirements.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
License(s)/Certifications Preferred Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to prepare, present and review oral and written information and reports
• Ability to research and analyze information
• Ability to develop, interpret and apply policies and procedures
• Ability to organize and maintain filing and scanning procedures
• Ability to operate various computer programs such as Microsoft Office and Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees and the general public, maintain confidentiality in daily operations and to conduct daily duties in a professional manner
• Ability to handle multiple projects and duties as assigned
• Ability to work well with diverse individuals in an one-on-one or group setting
Special Job Dimensions
Work performed primarily in an office setting. Travel and extended hours required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. Required abilities include walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods. Visual demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 50 pounds. The office is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
The office is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday. Travel and extended hours required.
Salary Low 30's, Salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits
Competitive benefits package.
Background Check / Pre-Employment Screening
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Does this position require a background check? Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) Check. Position requires employee complete Arkansas Mandated Reporter training and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) training prior to employment.
Open Date 05/18/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by June 7, 2021.
Anticipated start date EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, dedicated to attracting and supporting diverse student, faculty, and staff populations. The University welcomes applications without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
UA Fort Smith provides equal employment, admission, and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or gender identify. The University abides by all applicable employment laws.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, the University is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees with regard to recruitment, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, training, fringe benefits and all other aspects of employment.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Additional Document
- Proof of Veteran Status
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that failure to complete the Employment
History section of the application will result in automatic
- * Did you complete the Employment History section of the
- * Do you understand that failure to upload your unofficial
transcript(s) may result in an incomplete application packet?
- * Did you upload your unofficial transcript(s)?
- * Have you ever been fired or asked to resign from a job?
- If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith