Computer Systems Analyst II, Information Technology (IT)
The Information Technology department invites applications for a Computer Systems Analyst II to join their team on-campus. This position reports directly to the Manager of Enrollment Technology unit of Information Technology (IT). The primary responsibilities of this position are to support the Learning Management System (LMS) for the UM campus, support the integration of the LMS with our Student Information System, and develop other Enterprise System integrations. Additionally, this role will share the responsibility for supporting other academic and enrollment technology focused systems.
This position will also share the responsibility for being the application administrator for our LMS and related systems for online/hybrid instruction. The incumbent will assess business needs, perform software development tasks, and implement integrations between the LMS, learning technology systems, and the campuses Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system using scripting languages and a variety of data integration tools. The person assigned to this position will be responsible for configuring, security permissions, setup integrations, testing and installations of third-party plugins, troubleshooting end-user issues as well as back-end systems, and the use of ITSM ticketing applications for tracking work and projects.
- Experience administering software systems, including the ability to configure, manage security permissions, setup integrations, test, and complete installation of third-party plugins
- Software development experience within ability to use one or more industry standard programming languages (Preference given to PHP and JSON experience)
- Experience working with databases, the SQL Language, and basic relational database structures (MySQL/Oracle/MSSQL)
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to integrate all systems including operating systems, applications, network, and databases, as well as knowledge of cloud technology
- Knowledge of system development life cycle, structured systems development concepts, as well as Agile development methodologies
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology systems and solutions and the ability to work and communicate with users to define and meet application/database needs and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot end-user issues as well as back-end systems
- Ability to develop software that is compliant with university policies on digital accessibility
- Familiarity with version control for source code or scripts using Git
- Familiarity with using standard ITSM ticketing applications for tracking work and projects
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or an equivalent technical field and two (2) years’ experience in software development, system integration, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
About IT and UM
Central IT provides computing, network, and telecommunications infrastructure, supports enterprise level software, and offers a range of technology support services for the Missoula campus.. The organization also coordinates with the other Montana University System campuses, the local community, and the State of Montana to ensure consistency of offerings and policy. IT at the University of Montana is led by a Chief Information Officer (CIO), who reports to UM's President and sits on the President's cabinet and council of vice presidents.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity as a core value. We support equal access and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. This position is eligible for veterans' and disabilities preference in accordance with Montana State Law.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Computer Systems Analyst II
Position Number: NEW
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year, flexible scheduling to support business operations.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Thursday, May 27, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner