Employer Relations Assistant & `68 Center Coordinator
Williams is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications for an Employer Relations Assistant & ‘68 Center Coordinator in the ’68 Center for Career Exploration. This is a full-time, year-round, regular appointment. The ’68 Center for Career Exploration’ is dedicated to the success of Williams’ students. It is a one-stop-shop for student career exploration, internship and job searching, resume critiques, interviewing advice and networking. The ’68 Center for Career Exploration is a member of the Office of College Relations (OCR), which includes Alumni Relations, the Development Office and Advancement Information Systems (AIS).
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Employer Relations, the Employer Relations Assistant & ‘68 Center Coordinator will provide assistance to the ’68 Center for Career Exploration, the Office of College Relations, students, alumni, employers, and other stakeholders. The successful candidate will be highly organized, energetic, friendly, collaborative, independent, unflappable, tech-savvy, with strong attention to detail, and a collaborative spirit. The ideal candidate will also be able to analyze and interpret individual needs, multi-task, solve problems, critically analyze information in the Handshake recruiting system regarding job and internship postings, administer a grant program and supervise student workers.
Williams College has a deeply diverse student body in terms of socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, and nationality, among other identities. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups and/or those who have experience working with a broadly diverse student population to apply. In your cover letter, please highlight your experience with and commitment to supporting diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities.
Application review begins on May 31, 2021 and will continue until finalists are identified. Pay starts at $17 / hour, commensurate with experience. Band 18.
- Support the Assistant Director and Director of Employer Relations in all facets of administering the Williams on-campus/virtual recruiting program as needed, such as in employer outreach and cultivation.
- Respond to employer inquiries in a timely manner via phone and email.
- Provide and manage front desk coverage at all times to maintain a welcoming and professional atmosphere in the reception area.
- Hire, train and coach student workers to assist with front desk coverage and the processing of employer profile requests and job postings in the Handshake database.
- Manage logistics for all employer events including on-campus interviews and information sessions.
- Steward and administer the Career Access Fund/Last Yard Fund program which empowers students on financial aid to more fully participate in their career preparation.
- Collaborate regularly with OCR administrative staff committee to provide support to the division.
- Order supplies for the ‘68 Center and work with office vendors.
- Participate in select ‘68 Center activities such as staff and OCR meetings, retreats, career programming, tabling, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an office environment
- Ability to analyze and interpret individual needs, multi-task, and solve problems
- Demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service, integrity, and confidentiality
- Experience providing services to demanding constituents and individuals of high value to an organization
- Cultural competency and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) for building relationships with diverse audiences
- The ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Solid detail-oriented time management skills and the ability to work in a busy front desk environment while balancing competing priorities
- Proficiency while Microsoft Office and Google applications, general database principles, and providing basic instructions to systems users
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.