Part-Time Specialist II, Student Life
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE :
The PT Specialist II supports other staff by performing task oriented, duties while providing clerical, analytical, administrative, and/or operational support under general supervision. Basic duties may include receiving and logging information, making copies, sorting and distributing mail, preparing correspondence or basic documents, answering routine questions and inquiries, providing information and directions and providing a service oriented environment. Activities are routine but may involve non-routine requests or specialized information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1. Utilizes standard office software for word processing, designing routine spreadsheets, and to set-up new database files
2. Scans mail, prioritizes, and distributes to one or more managers
3. Screens calls and responds to routine questions
4. Schedules appointments and may schedule group meetings
5. Makes routine travel arrangements
6. Coordinates supply orders and equipment repair, obtains approvals, and prepares travel advances
7. May collect data and perform basic mathematical calculations
8. Assists students with requests and provides routine information
9. Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Ability to perform sorts, merges, and mass mailings in Word
- Ability to design spreadsheets set up routine formulas and print report sections
- Above average oral and written communication skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of related work experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $11.78.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston