Director of Career and Technical Education
Purpose and Scope
Reporting to the Vice President for Learning and Success, the Director of Career and Technical Education provides administrative supervision and oversight for Career Technical Education (CTE) instructional programs and researches the viability of new programs and their implementation. Provides leadership in teaching excellence and student learning with the goal of student success and continuous improvement of CTE programs. Manages, coordinates, develops, and executes a variety of projects related to CTE and related new programs. Responsible for all administrative, academic and fiscal matters of assigned programs. This is a twelve-month position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provides campus leadership and coordination in support of career, technical and emerging occupational education programs and services.
- Conducts needs analyses, market surveys and other research to identify viable and sustainable courses, programs and majors not currently offered and works collaboratively to implement quality programs into the curriculum and schedule of classes.
- Recruit, recommend for hire, and supervise all full and part-time CTE faculty.
- In consultation with the Vice President for Learning and Success, oversees and participates in the improvement of instruction process for CTE faculty.
- Lead recruiter of students into appropriate programs.
- Responds to CTE student concerns and inquires.
- Works with and establishes partnerships with regional trade associations, economic development agencies, business/industry to identify emerging skills and hiring trends.
- With the input of industry partners, supports and promotes curriculum development by faculty to respond to student and community needs, including establishment and use of learning outcomes at the course and programmatic level, and ensures the assessment of said outcomes.
- Develops and maintains relationships with four-year colleges and universities, K-12, regional occupational education institutions, and appropriate community-based organizations related to CTE.
- Responsible for the supervision of ongoing and new Perkins and other CTE related grants.
- Plans and administers program budget and expenditures of CTE.
- Development of CTE advisory committees.
- Teaches appropriate course load for both fall and spring semester.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Master’s Degree or appropriate degree in recognized industry area.
- A minimum of four (4) years of academic administrative experience or equivalent industry experience.
- Teaching experience, preferably at a community college
- High degree of professionalism.
- Additional years of experience teaching.
- Experience teaching in online or hybrid formats.
- Additional experience in leadership, supervision, or coordination role.
- Experience working in a community college.
- Experience in a multi-college or multi-campus college system, preferably community college.
Job requires critical thinking skills, ability to meet deadlines, and to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure while handling a wide variety of activities. Strong interpersonal skills needed. Requires a self-directed and knowledgeable person. The individual is expected to display personal initiative and autonomy.
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Work is performed during normal work hours, with some evenings and weekends to meet deadlines
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer Jessica Small at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu.
Group health, dental and vision insurance, group life insurance, state educational retirement, worker’s compensation, and unemployment compensation. Employee or spouse class tuition waiver.
Application Review Date:
Open Until Filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted online through our website. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application. Applications that do not include the Required Documents will not be considered:
Letter of InterestResume
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls will be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Ruidoso
- Academic Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Ruidoso
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Ruidoso
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Ruidoso