Assistant / Associate / Full Professor
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F59260 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Assistant / Associate / Full Professor School/Unit College of Health Professions Department Occupational Therapy Number of Months 9 Tenure Status Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The mission of the Department of Occupational Therapy at VCU is to advance occupation-focused scholarship and practice through integrated education, research, and service. This happens through:
• Preparing outstanding, evidence-based, client-centered occupational therapists to serve the state and nation
• Developing innovative and influential leaders who change policy, practice and systems
• Responding to the occupational needs of the community
• Creating new knowledge and promoting translational applications
• Fostering cultural sensitivity, diversity and inclusion of faculty, students and staff
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
Virginia Commonwealth University ( VCU ) seeks a faculty member to conduct high-impact research, provide teaching, and engage in service to the Department of Occupational Therapy, within the College of Health Professions and VCU . The successful candidate will help to grow a strong and diverse Department by anticipating the changes in occupational therapy providing the tools needed to succeed in a dynamic environment. The primary mission of the Department of Occupational Therapy is the preparation of excellent, innovative, adaptable, and responsible occupational therapists as profession leaders for the state and the nation.
• Engage in scholarly activity to enhance knowledge in occupational therapy.
• Design and conduct research, including acquisition of grant funding and overseeing of research projects.
• Disseminate research findings via scholarly writing and publication; write and publish scholarly documents to advance the knowledge base of the profession of occupational therapy.
• Teach courses in the OTD and PhD programs consistent with areas of knowledge and skill and department need.
• Advise students and serve as research / capstone mentor.
• Demonstrate advanced skill and judgment for relatively independent decision-making and as an active team member related to course design and development.
• Deliver course content and provide timely evaluation of students.
• Serve on department, school, and university committees and engage in other forms of university service.
• Provide professional and community service in area of expertise.
• Earned research doctorate
• Ability to complement and expand existing expertise in the Department:
- Assistant Professor candidates will have an established research agenda and a clear potential for external funding.
- Associate and Full Professor candidates will have a developed scholarly/research portfolio with evidence of interdisciplinary applications and external funding.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience or high potential for effectively and inclusively educating and mentoring students from under-represented minority and/or historically marginalized communities
• Demonstrated experience or high potential for fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• Licensure or eligibility for licensure as an occupational therapist in Virginia
• Post-doctoral research training and/or a strong history of grant-funded research
• Background and experience in research, clinical practice, and teaching in adult rehabilitation
Date Posted 12/18/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date 06/14/2021 Proposed Hire Date 08/10/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Update as of 5/17/21: Candidates who apply by the priority deadline of June 14, 2021 will be considered first.
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
If interested, please submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, diversity statement, and (under the “other documents” section) the names and contact information of three professional references via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com.
Questions about the position should be directed to Dr. Virginia Chu, chair of the search committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Salary Commensurate Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102479 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Occupational Therapy Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Physical Therapy Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond