ITS Customer Support Analyst II
: Maintains computer systems through systematic review,
analysis, testing, and repair of software and hardware
installations. Optimizes systems through customer consultation to
identify ideal and impaired system states. Works under immediate
supervision within a centralized IT support environment. Has
knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to
perform job functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Manage on-campus computer labs and instructional equipment
including hardware/software installation and support,
troubleshooting, recommending new purchases, and optimization to
best suit individual course needs.
2. Provide support for Microsoft Windows & Apple Mac OS X
computers including imaging/deployment, software
installation/patches/updates, training, and troubleshooting.
3. Aid in the creation and maintenance of CBU’s computer
4. Aid in the monitoring and resolution of Helpdesk support tickets
to ensure all user requests are performed in a timely and efficient
5. Provide limited support for mobile operating systems (Android,
iOS, Windows Phone, etc.).
6. Investigates, analyzes and resolves complex hardware and
computer application problems on University computer systems for
faculty and staff.
7. Suggests systems and software tools to improve efficiency and
automate routine functions.
8. Evaluates existing computer systems hardware, and performs
system upgrades, based on end user configuration conflicts and
9. Maintains a high standard of customer service in dealing with
and responding to questions from faculty, staff and students.
10. Reviews, prioritizes and processes problem reports; documents
the progress of projects.
11. Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer
technology, equipment and systems; participates in professional
development activities as appropriate.
12. Accept, monitor and process customer support requests submitted
through the Information Technology Helpdesk (via telephone or
13. Provides limited user training on approved software utilized by
14. Manage and maintain data protection software.
15. Monitor University hardware and software assets by maintaining
inventory database and conducting periodic audits
16. Assist with administrative duties, software/hardware support,
workstation rollouts, and technical issues as needed.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Ability to continually analyze, prioritize and complete assigned
tasks within designated resource constraints in a fast paced,
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
Ability to clearly communicate technical information to a
Strong knowledge of computer architecture and troubleshooting
Experience with a wide range of computer systems software,
applications, hardware, networking and communications.
Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and
Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
Ability to diagnose and rectify a wide range of computer hardware
and software problems.
Ability to install and configure computer systems, hardware and
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse
Education and/or Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related
field or 3 to 5 years of experience in hardware/software and user
support. Related certifications, such as Microsoft, A+, etc. are
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4