Vice President for Student Development Services
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Vice President for Student Development Services
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience
SO Stdnt Dev & Edu Supp Serv
The Vice President for Student Development Services reports to the president of a campus and has responsibility for creating and coordinating a One College system of programs and services designed to support student success and retention. Participates in policy and program review and recommends changes. Supports the College’s 3 Goals and 8 Principles implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as the chief student development services officer for the campus; advises the president on student success matters
• Provides leadership for programs affecting student success, cultivating creative approaches to providing student services, programs, and initiatives
• Works collaboratively with the president and other vice presidents to foster and sustain a culture for student success that promotes innovation to ensure effective campus services and the development of a cohesive student services organizational structure
• Responsible for improving the student learning environment and key performance indicators for student success; coordinates the evaluation and program review of the administrative student development services areas
• Works in coordination with the directors and other vice presidents to bring about significant and measurable improvements in program and services focused on student success, retention, and completion
• Works collaboratively with the president and other vice presidents to ensure effective campus services are provided by the administrators and managers of the student development services areas; recommends appropriate staffing and budget plans to ensure excellence and consistency of service among the campuses
• Leads in collaboration with the other campus vice presidents the development of a cohesive student services organizational structure, imbedding continuous quality improvement and leading the development of student learning outcomes for each program
• Participates in the College’s strategic planning process and provides leadership for the implementation of the College’s strategic planning goals in the student services and academic support areas to include budget develoment for areas of leadership, systematic assessment of student progress and learning outcomes, and program change to maintain relevance of programs and to meet student and community needs
• Collaborates with the campus vice president for academic affairs to establish and manage enrollment strategies, including dual enrollment programs, to build and retain enrollment to fulfill College goals.
• Enforces campus student discipline as outlined in the Student Handbook, makes recommendations to the president regarding student violations of college regulations,investigates and oversees the student appeals process related to student complaints of the areas/employees supervised, and collaborates with the other campus vice presidents in the preparation/revising of the Student Handbook
• Serves on the College’s Student Development Services Council and other work teams of the district
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Five (5) years of administrative experience in multiple areas of Student Services/Student Development within an academic environment
• One (1) year of experience supervising employees (e.g., managing and evaluating performance of others)
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Administrative experience in multiple areas of Student Services
• Developmental/remedial education, counseling, student services and learning resources
• Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented
• Proficient with data, technology, and knowledge of data analytics
• Demonstrated advocacy for and addressing the needs of the underprepared student
• Demonstrated support for faculty and staff development
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Knowledge and understanding of the core philosophies of student development
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaboration-oriented and diverse workplace
• Experience with computerized systems
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
For best consideration, please submit your application by June 18, 2021. Candidates are asked to review the Position Profile to learn more about this opportunity and the qualifications for this role.
You will be required to submit a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a list of five (5) references.
Inquiries, nominations, and application materials can be submitted to: Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC : Betty Turner Asher, email@example.com, or Ann Bailey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Betty Turner Asher
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth