College of the Mainland is currently seeking a Full-time Business
Responsible for providing instruction within the Business
Department – Business Administration program. Prepare, develop,
revise curriculum and course work. Provide scheduled office hours
for student consultation. Serves on College committees as needed
and assigned. Participate in student oriented instructional and
advisement activities as needed and assigned.
Master’s Degree and 18 graduate semester hours in Business. Five
years of related experience. One year teaching experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Three years teaching experience in higher education. Credentialed
to develop, revise and teach general management courses. Experience
with Blackboard or other learning management systems.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
Detailed knowledge of material being taught in the specific course
and program area;
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with
students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc.
sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work
Computer literacy to perform job duties.
Knowledge of student engagement techniques, learning styles,
recruiting and retention strategies, and learning-centered
philosophy; A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion;
Experience with or willingness to learn latest teaching/learning
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Teaching and Student Engagement
1. Teach assigned courses in accordance with the course syllabi and
a schedule of classes that may include day, evening, and distance
2. Engage in development of new and creative instructional
materials, including new courses and delivery formats.
3. Assist in keeping the curriculum of the program(s) current.
Prepare, develop and revise curriculum and coursework.
4. Work with Program Chair to explore creating new programs.
5. Advise students and ensure the successful completion of their
6. Post and hold office hours in a physical and electronic format
(to include virtual office hours) as appropriate.
7. Participate in course and program assessment planning.
8. Assist with student recruitment.
1. Maintain a current knowledge of advances and innovations in the
2. Assist with committee work and administrative tasks related to
the faculty member’s department.
3. Assist with committee work and tasks related to the
4. Assist with accreditation and state approval processes.
5. Engage in service to the community, including advising and
working with students.
6. Attend Department and College meetings along with in-service
workshops, honors and awards ceremonies, convocations and
7. Other duties as appropriate to the position.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing,
fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Candidates that are eligible apply
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories,
which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of
employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of
duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your
application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See
attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a
complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for
disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete
fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached
to the online application.
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of
disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the
recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation
of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and
regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a Master's Degree and 18 credit hours in the
- * Do you have experience working in a community college?
- * Are you proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office: Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Access?
- Only Word
- Only Word and Excel
- Only Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter