University of Idaho
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.23 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Administrative Assistant ensures successful day-to-day operations of the Vandal Success Center. This position also provides administrative support for the Academic Support Programs and University Advising Services departments as well as the Executive Director, Student Success Initiatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general administrative support including reception, front-line customer service, providing information, assisting area leadership and staff, scheduling meetings, rooms, events, and travel, taking meeting minutes, supporting financial processes, supervision of work study students, and supervision of interns.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Student Success Initiatives.
• High School diploma, GED, or high school equivalency.
• One year of work experience providing office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception; researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
• Experience working in a customer service environment.
• Experience working with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Two or more years experience working in customer service.
• Excellent customer service and reception skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Experience successfully coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements with excellent organization and attention to detail.
• Experience independently problem solving in a work setting.
• Established record of collaboration and good interpersonal and communication skills with individuals with diverse organizational, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or otherwise move up to 30 pounds
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002831P
Posting Date: 05/14/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled; however, applications received on or before May 30, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.