Field Unit Social Worker #605440
The Department of Social Work is seeking a Field Unit Social Worker in the Child Welfare Training Unit co-located with the Flagstaff DCS Office. This position provides ongoing case management to Department of Child Safety clients served by the NAU Child Welfare Training unit.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides ongoing case management to DCS clients served by the NAU Child Welfare Training unit.
- Teaches, mentors, and supervises students in the Social Work/DCS scholarship program.
- Manages approximately 10 ongoing DCS cases and collaborates with/mentors students on the cases.
- Initiates and schedules home visits to children, parents, and foster parents; communicates with attorneys, law enforcement agencies, community partners, and other team members.
- Complies with all state statutes, DCS policies, and regional operating procedures concerning DCS cases, including timely documentation.
- Models best-practice approaches to students in client engagement, interviewing, assessment, and case planning.
- Applies social work theory, practice approaches, and knowledge of research to cases and communicates their application to students.
- Assists in the development and presentation of educational materials for students and other staff.
- Attends Child Welfare staff meetings and interagency meetings with DCS.
- Represents the NAU Child Welfare Training Project/Program in the community and at community events.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Social Work, AND two years experience working in child protection; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.