Director, Research Information Services
Promise. It's a strong word that everyone understands, especially kids.
At Cook Children's, we've made a promise to improve the health of every child in our region. All of our employees come to work every day with that promise in mind.
As Cook Children’s Director of Research Information Services you will be responsible for the portfolio of applications and/or systems that are used to conduct research at the Cook Children’s Health Care System. You will be highly collaborative and proactively engage Cook Children’s research stakeholders in our research community and assist with their technology needs through:
You will ensure that all decisions and/or investments in research technologies align with Information Services policies and strategic plan.
Cook Children’s is looking for you to have significant professional experience working within academic medical centers in areas including:
- governance models
- research cores
- funding sources/grants
- Institutional Review Board
- research studies/protocols
- information security/privacy
- cost/resource allocation models.
Further, you will serve as a resource to the research community by having knowledge of commonly used commercially available and/or open-source research applications/systems. In this Director role, you will also have broad administrative responsibilities that include:
- strategic planning
- capital/operating budget
- project/program management
- resource planning
- change management
You will also be expected to be an ambassador of the organization through employee engagement and will work with your staff on performance reviews, coaching, mentoring and other professional development.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of management experience
- At least, 5 years of experience in healthcare research and/or with an academic medical center
- At least, 10 years of experience working with information technology
- Analytical thought processes and strong organizational, team building, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to commit to and meet deadlines
- Good communication and project skills
- Research information systems (RIS) and implementation experience
- Experience with applications/tools such as R, Stata, SAS, SPSS, MySQL, SQL, Oracle, Python, MATLAB, FTP, etc.
- Experience with high performance computing clusters.
- Experience with inter-institutional large data set sharing models and high speed research networks
Preferred Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in a field related to research computing and/or information services
- Experience participating in organizations such as Educause, Internet2, Lonestar Education and Research Network (LEARN), etc.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Health & Medicine Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Other Health & Medicine Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Pediatrics Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Professional Fields Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Worth