Trademark and Licensing Manager #605438
The Trademark Licensing Manager will oversee and administer the university’s licensing program, review and approve/disapprove proposed licensed products, develop and implement marketing programs to increase sales of licensed products, and nurture relationships with strategic partners including national licenses, local retailers, and on-campus partners. This position is critical in protection of NAU trademarks and promotion of the NAU brand in both commercial and non-commercial spaces. The position will work with NAU’s Marketing and Strategic Communications unit to get direction on brand standards and collaborate with key partners to ensure accurate and appropriate use of university trademarks. This position will report to the Marketing and Strategic Communications Department.
- Provide general oversight of day-to-day operations for Northern Arizona University’s Trademark Licensing Program through review of artwork submissions and special permission/license requests, developing relationships with licensees and retail partners, conducting marketplace assessments and enforcement, participating in related university-wide marketing efforts and stewarding projects for campus departments/organizations involving use of university marks.
- Develop and implement appropriate long-term objectives for the university’s Trademark. Licensing Program through strategic marketing efforts, program policy review/implementation, collaboration with on-campus partners on development of brand standards and use policies.
- Manage contract with Collegiate Licensing Company, the university’s contracted licensing agency, to ensure fulfillment of the established services agreement, conducting negotiations for contract renewal via RFP process, as necessary. Steward brand development, promotion and protection efforts, utilizing partnership with Collegiate Licensing Company as appropriate.
- Employ innovative and unique business and marketing strategies to provide elevated exposure for both institutional and athletics brand identities, strategically leveraging the brands to increase fan engagement and generate royalties to support university programs and facilities.
- Create increased awareness about NAU’s Trademark Licensing Program through website development and management, reporting financial outcomes to appropriate partners and communicating compliance expectations to campus groups.
- Develop and sustain relationships with a wide range of licensees and retailers, fostering collaboration among these partners to grow the licensing program and generate a stronger commitment to NAU.
- In conjunction with NAU’s General Counsel and university’s contracted licensing agency, oversee federal and state trademark registrations.
- Serve as an advocate for Northern Arizona University within the licensing industry, representing its licensing program at key industry events and conferences. Serve as the Big Sky Conference representative for the International Collegiate Licensing Association
- Effectively allocate marketing funds and monitor program budgets.
- Manage incoming inquiries and messages (email, direct messaging on social media, etc.) providing prompt, accurate and professional responses, consulting with other campus unit or outside partner when appropriate or necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to area of assignment,
- 2-4 years of administrative/coordinative experience; AND
- 1-2 years of project management experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.