Assistant Athletic Director of Sports Performance/Head Strength & Conditioning Coach #605425
Northern Arizona University, a NCAA Division 1 member of the Big Sky Conference is seeking a full-time Assistant Athletic Director of Sports Performance/Head Strength & Conditioning Coach to administer a championship caliber strength and conditioning program through the physical and mental development of student-athletes.
- Manage and oversee the administration of the strength and conditioning program in compliance with all State of Arizona NAU, NCAA, and Big Sky Conference regulations.
- Develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive student-athlete sports performance curriculum including but not limited to: proper strength and conditioning training methods, recovery, sleep, nutrition, hydration, etc.
- Teach and facilitate the learning of safe and proper strength training skills and techniques.
- Monitor the progress of student-athletes through verifiable records and written documentation.
- Provide motivational encouragement, counsel, supervision, and accountability to student athletes to reach strength and conditioning goals.
- Responsible for supervision, evaluation, and organization of strength and conditioning staff, which currently comprises of two full-time strength and conditioning assistant coaches, three strength and conditioning graduate assistants, one nutrition graduate assistant, and interns.
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine Staff, and team physician in planning and implementing return to activity programs, modified workout programs, and rehabilitation programs for student-athletes.
- Develop and implement policies affecting the strength and conditioning program.
- Oversee the scheduling, inventory, and maintenance of the strength and conditioning equipment and location.
- Assist with on-campus recruiting efforts.
- Maintain a safe and effective weight room with a focus on the overall health and well-being of the student athlete.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics or direct supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science or related field.
- At least three (3) years of collegiate strength and conditioning experience
- At least two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- CSCS, CSCCa, and CPR/AED and first aid certified
- Any combination of relevant education, experience, and training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.