Chief Information Security Officer
South Dakota State University (SDSU) Division of Technology and Security is offering an exciting career opportunity as a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). This is a 12 month, full-time, benefit-eligible position.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
The Chief Information Security Officer is responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of a comprehensive, University-wide information security strategy and program that adequately protects information assets, aligns with and supports the risk posture of the University, and meets related compliance and regulatory requirements. Reporting to the Vice President for Technology and Security (VPTS) and functioning as a senior leader of SDSU Information Technology, the CISO advocates for the University's total information security needs and works with division and department leaders across the University to assess and manage risks while balancing security strategies with other University priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Management/Technology, Computer Science or related field completed by date of application;
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience in information security or network administration that includes two years of supervisory experience;
- Must have CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) license;
- Experience developing, maintaining, and implementing an Information Security Program (ISP) including policy and strategy development, preferably in higher education;
- Experience addressing information security related issues involving intrusion detection, forensics, incident management, risk management and/or auditing;
- Knowledge of security assessment and testing tools;
- Experience with developing and managing an information security awareness and training program;
- Experience with information security and compliance related issues (e.g. FERPA, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, GLBA, copyright and software piracy);
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and oral presentations;
- Experience evaluating and providing guidance on information security software and hardware acquisitions, IT services, cloud-based solutions, and mobility;
- Experience managing and negotiating vendor contracts and agreements;
- Valid driver’s license, or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire, and willingness to travel.
- Experience with an institution of higher education and managing a security operations center.
Commensurate with qualifications.
South Dakota State University offers a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, and flexible benefits, retirement plans, compensation packages, paid holidays, and vacation leave. Employees also have access to internal and state-sponsored training as well as reduced tuition for state-supported courses at all State of South Dakota academic institutions.
UNIVERSITY AND THE BROOKINGS COMMUNITY:
South Dakota State University is the state’s largest, most comprehensive university with more than 200 programs and an enrollment of approximately 12,000 students.
SDSU offers a rich academic experience in an environment of inclusion and access through inspired, student-centered education, creative activities and research, innovation and engagement that improve the quality of life in South Dakota, the region, the nation, and the world. Its employees embrace the university’s core values of being people-centered, expanding knowledge through creativity, embracing organizational and personal integrity, commitment to diversity, and excellence through continuous improvement.
As the state’s 1862 Morrill Act land-grant institution, the work of the university is carried out on its main resident campus in Brookings, at sites in Sioux Falls, Pierre, Rapid City, and Aberdeen, and through Extension offices and Agricultural Experiment Station research sites across South Dakota.
SDSU was recognized as one of 54 institutions in the United States as an Innovation and Economic Prosperity University by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities in 2014. The university’s total research expenditures are greater than $60 million. SDSU is the state’s first High Research Activity institution as classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Jackrabbits Athletics competes as an NCAA Division I member with membership in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, the Summit League and the Big XII for wrestling.
Brookings is home to approximately 24,000 residents and is located 60 miles north of Sioux Falls and 200 miles west of Minneapolis. Livability.com rates Brookings as an ideal community for families, students, young professionals, and retirees. It considers Brookings among the safest and most vibrant cities in South Dakota.
The Brookings Public School District educates approximately 3,300 K-12 students and ranks among the state’s highest academic achieving school districts. The district includes three elementary schools, an intermediate school for fourth and fifth grade, one middle school and a high school.
The city also boasts an abundance of attractions and activities, including the Children’s Museum of South Dakota, Dakota Nature Park, South Dakota Art Museum, McCrory Gardens, South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum, Outdoor Adventure Center, and the Brookings Summer Arts Festival.
Position is open until filled with full consideration given to applications received by June 4, 2021.
SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this job.” This system will guide you through the electronic application form. This employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement, resume, and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, successful completion of a criminal background check.
South Dakota State University is a tobacco free environment.
It is the policy of the University to maintain a drug-free environment and to thereby establish, promote, and maintain a safe and healthy working and learning environment for employees and students. This position is subject to South Dakota State University’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy 4:14.
For questions on the position, contact Wendy Cradduck at (605) 688-4638or firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Dakota State University is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Arrangements for accommodations required by disabilities can be made by emailing HR@sdstate.edu. SDSU prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected class in the offering of all educational programs and employment opportunities. Individuals with concerns regarding discrimination should contact: Equal Opportunity Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Human Resources, Morrill Hall 100, SDSU, Brookings, SD 57007. Phone: (605) 688-4128.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brookings
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brookings
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brookings
- Safety & Security Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Brookings