Annual Giving Manager #605427
The Annual Giving Manager is a critical position on the Annual Giving team. The Manager will be responsible for developing, launching, and leading a comprehensive student to recent alumni philanthropy program – a new program within Annual Giving at NAU. Engaging students and young alumni in philanthropy – whether through making a gift, volunteering their time, or serving as ambassadors for current giving events – is key to creating a viable and sustainable program and donor pipeline. This program will build on the current student philanthropy efforts and take the program to the next level.
This position will also support day-to-day program and project needs in Annual Giving and serve as a full, collaborative member of the Annual Giving team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead Student and Recent Alumni Philanthropy Program
- Develop and implement an annual multi-channel communication, education, solicitation, stewardship and activity plan to increase student philanthropy.
- Create a student journey that encompasses all classes from freshmen to graduate students, including special programming for graduating seniors.
- Identify and work closely with campus partners (such as Student Life, Unions and Student Activities, ASNAU student government, NAU Social, etc.) to secure by-in and establish collaborative working relationships.
- Working with Asst Director of Annual Giving Communications, create a post-graduation solicitation and stewardship path for students/recent alumni.
- Serve as the staff advisor and mentor for the Student Philanthropy Council, a student club affiliated with the NAU Foundation that works to build a culture of philanthropy on campus.
- Working with the Asst Director of Digital Fundraising, create plan to recruit student participation in and promotion of NAU Giving Day and Jacksfunder, NAU’s official crowdfunding platform.
- Ensure student/young alumni revenue and donor goals are achieved.
- Manage budget for student philanthropy program and Student Philanthropy Council
Support Annual Giving Program and Projects
- In coordination with internal and external partners, provide project management related support for Annual Giving communications, Giving Day, and crowdfunding as needed
- Supports data management and data requests for annual giving appeals, communications, and special projects.
- Support reporting needs for unit, including ROI and other data analysis.
- Support annual budgeting process and monthly/ongoing budget reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field,
- 1-2 years of project management experience; AND
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in fundraising, marketing or communications; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education