The Human Genome Sequencing Center (HGSC) at Baylor College of Medicine is recruiting a Postdoctoral Associate to carry out genomic and bioinformatic research utilizing next generation sequencing data for discovery of genomics variants that underlie susceptibility to cancer and/or congenital anomalies in pediatric patients. This position requires a trained bioinformatician, preferably with experience in genomics and next generation sequencing. We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The position will interact with laboratory molecular biologists in the study to prioritize mutations for functional validation. There will also be opportunities to contribute to other projects at the HGSC that drive gene discovery in areas of human health and precision medicine in both Mendelian and complex diseases. The appointment will be initially for 3 years with prospects for renewal.
- Performs in-depth sequence analyses on large genomic datasets.
- Applies existing custom bioinformatics software to both well-defined and novel genome analysis problems.
- Researches, assesses, and customizes third-party bioinformatics software.
- Uses and customizes statistical graphing tools to visualize data.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Scientific programming with applications to biological research.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, shell script and the use of statistical packages such as R.
- Programming in a UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Next Generation sequence analysis experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston