Research Coordinator III
The Section of Epidemiology and Population Sciences in the Department of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Research Coordinator III. This position involves coordinating the day-to-day activities of extramurally funded population science research projects focusing on cancer control, survivorship, and COVID-19. Responsibilities include assisting the Principal Investigator with the development, implementation, and evaluation of research protocols based on funded grant applications, development of content and other design specifications for interactive patient education programs, and, the coordination of subject enrollment, data collection, and retention. It is the responsibility of this position to contribute to patient-centered research that seeks to improve health equity, healthcare delivery, and the quality of life of cancer patients and their informal/family caregivers.
- Assisting the Principal Investigator with regulatory administration (e.g., prepare IRB approval requests in BRAIN, register patients on protocol in ONCORE, prepare reports and participant enrollment tables).
- Assisting with the researching, writing, and development of intervention content, learning objectives, activities, learning modules, frameworks and schematics, and other design and specifications documents for interactive programs, mobile apps, training videos, and other educational programs (using instructional design principals and health behavior theory.
- Conducting coordination of subject recruitment, eligibility screening, and scheduling; administering surveys in REDCap/Qualtrics; collecting and coding qualitative research data in Atlas.ti; writing data summaries and reports; creating and maintaining spreadsheets for data and other project information in MS Excel.
- Conducting and coordinating field observations, interviews, focus groups, and technology usability testing, including developing procedures, training manuals, and measurement instruments.
- Conducting ongoing monitoring of research project progress including the launch of surveys, data collection, and data quality and troubleshooting problems.
- Assisting the PI to effectively manage research projects and ensure their success (staying within scope, on schedule) through the management and ongoing use of project management software (e.g., Clickup).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Master's degree in psychology, public health, or other social science.
- Prior experience as a research coordinator in clinical/medical settings.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- High level of critical thinking, creativity, accountability, and resourcefulness.
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment; maintain a supportive and proactive approach toward work and colleagues.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.