The Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine section within the
Department of Medicine seeking a Registered Nurse with clinical and
administrative skills to serve as patient care navigator at our
POST COVID Care Clinic. We are seeking a compassionate individual
with skills to facilitate the coordination of patient care
activities and assist patients to navigate through all processes of
obtaining the necessary and appropriate care. Duties include but
are not limited to obtaining outside records for new patients,
coordinate patient procedure and referral scheduling, in addition
to coordinating patient flow within the multidisciplinary team. The
position requires a person able to lead and work well with a
- Ensures efficient operation of the clinic by scheduling and
planning in coordination with Pulmonary nurses and MAs.
- Serves as the primary source of contact for patients and
supports the patient hand-off to the multidisciplinary team.
- Assists in the coordination and follow-up of scheduling
appointments and tests.
- Instructs patients concerning the preparations needed for the
clinic including obtaining records and completing
- Communicates with clinical team regarding orders and care of
patients including peer to peer reviews, medication refills,
- Maintains all assigned databases to ensure data is complete and
- Provides telephone triage to patients and ensures patients
receive the right level of care.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among
health care teams by communicating information, responding to
requests, and building rapport by participating in team
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of
Texas Board of Nursing.
- Experience working with Epic EHR preferred.
- Previous work experience in an academic medicine environment is
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.