Research Assistant Professor
The Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering seeks applications for a Research Assistant Professor to conduct fundamental research in wireless networks, including 5G/next-G and spectrum sharing. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research under limited supervision
- Play a major role in problem identification and solution development
- Publish research findings in leading conferences and journals
- Work with graduate students and assist in their supervision
- Offer assistance in proposal writing, report preparation, and presentation to sponsors
- A Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Demonstrated knowledge in wireless networks
- Publications in leading conferences and journals
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills
- Publications in leading IEEE or ACM conferences
- Formal graduate course work in wireless communications and optimizations
- Can work independently in a large team; self-motivated
- Prior experience in working/collaborating with graduate students
Commensurate with Experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Kathy Atkins at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: May 13, 2021