Sr. Instructional Designer
Classified title: Sr. Instructional DesignerWorking title: Working title: Organizational Learning and DevelopmentManager
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate With Experience
Employee group: Full-Time
Employee subgroup (FLSA Status): Exempt
Position Type: New
Schedule (hours/days): 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Personnel area (School): Academic and Business Centers
Department name: Global Human ResourcesReports to (Job title): Reports to (Job title): Deputy Chief HR and Administrative Officer
Organizational Learning and Development Manager is responsible for aligning strategic objectives with Jhpiego’s global, field-based employees and organizational units in designated human capacity development areas. This includes working with the Chief HR and Administrative Officer (CHRAO) to develop integrated solutions for special projects related to Jhpiego’s strategic plan and with the Deputy CHRAO to design and implement Jhpiego’s staff capacity development and engagement efforts including training and development. OLD Manager manages several cross functional projects related to information systems and knowledge management and maintains significant worldwide HR matrices and researches other indicators to measure HR performance.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the new staff orientation and onboarding function
- Collaborate with global
leaders on Staff Capacity Development initiatives, including, but
- Leading the Global Management Training Program and Supervisory Curriculum, and supporting the Leadership Development Program
- Developing competency-based learning and development paths for global staff
- Working with departments to address global staff learning needs
- Delivering training on diversity, anti-harassment, culture of respect, and other staff engagement and HR compliance topics
- Working closely with the Learning Management System Administrator on deploying and reporting on learning
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- Advanced degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education, or related field
- 5+ yearsstaff development and learning programs experience
- Organized and results oriented
- Ability to work in complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Excellent communications, presentation and writing skills a must.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Sensitivity to multiple cultures and work style
- Ability to work independently and effectively with all levels of employees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint
- Event planning skills
- Project management skills
- Experience working with diverse populations, including internal employees and external stakeholders, preferably in an international organization
- HR Certification (HRCI or SHRM), preferred
- Foreign language ability (French, Portuguese, Spanish), preferred
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore