Adjunct Instructor - Physical Therapy Assistant
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking adjunct instructors to teach in the Physical Therapy Assistant program. If you have passion for teaching and learning and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program provides specialized educational and clinical experiences to prepare graduates for the National Physical Therapist Assistant Exam (NPTAE) and to gain employment in a variety of direct patient care settings under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Present effective instruction to students based upon approved course syllabi.
- Assess and grade students based upon legitimate assessment factors.
- Maintain and submit student attendance records and student grades.
- Hold one hour of student conference time per week for every course section taught.
- Associate's Degree or higher
- A current Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) or Physical Therapist (PT) license in Illinois
- At least three years of full time (or equivalent) post-licensure clinical experience in physical therapy with contemporary expertise in assigned teaching areas
- Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System or similar Learning Management System, preferred
- Prior experience with online teaching (via Zoom) and/or online teaching certification is strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students, required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college
When applying, please attach your unofficial transcripts and include any scholarship work, publications, committee work, and other relevant engagements in your cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!