Recreation Coord, Sr #605423
Coordinates recreational programs and events that utilize NAU facilities to ensure effective service is provided to all members of the campus community. Works with events management staff and other campus personnel to provide building access and facility booking for recreational programs. Resolves recreation-related problems and issues, and makes recommendations to department management on methods to improve NAU recreational services.
This position is responsible for creating a customer-centered, efficient, and technologically advanced member services operation. This role is responsible for the implementation of best practices reflective of current trends in the industry, facility reservations, and the management of a comprehensive member services program. The member services program is comprehensive and includes facility access/security, patron satisfaction, program promotion, member communications, revenue generation, student staff oversight, community engagement and department marketing.
- Gathers and analyzes requirements for additions or modifications to the Member Services program and makes recommendations to department leadership.
- Coordinates details related to Member Services events and programs to relevant staff.
- Monitors and maintains filing and record keeping systems to ensure proper facilities and accommodations for Member Services activities and events.
- Plans and executes Member Services programs and events that engage members of the campus community.
- Manages and tracks key tasks and workloads across assigned recreation programmatic area to ensure that they are assigned correctly, and that work is distributed evenly.
- Oversees scheduling and resource tracking for Member Services programs and events.
- Updates Member Services data to ensure access to accurate and timely information.
- Understands and applies knowledge of appropriate handling of Member Services information.
- Coordinates recruiting, hiring, training & development, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating temporary and student staff.
- Coordinates planning, training, execution, and monitoring of risk management protocols and best practice related to Member Services program.
- Helps plan, track, and monitor physical environments and equipment to support a quality experience.
- Contributes to department strategic plans and monitors program budget allocations.
- Coordinates outreach and promoting Member Services program awareness.
- Administration of departmental software solutions (Fusion, Lenel and EMS) which includes assigning user and member access, training personnel, managing facility operation hours and maintaining accurate reservation data.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Nationally recognized certification: CPR, AED, First Aid certification or the ability to obtain within the first six months of employment
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.