Responsible for performing skilled work in the
field of general maintenance including the installation,
troubleshooting, construction, maintenance and repair of
facilities. Positions may serve as lead workers, assigning and
reviewing work and providing direction and instruction work
methods; and may assist in the purchasing of supplies and
equipment. Position may be assigned to a single site location or
multiple site locations. Individual may be required to travel to
other locations as needed to support operations.
High School Diploma or equivalent and four years experience. Or a
combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully
perform the essential duties of the job.
Valid Driver's License
Certification in specialized fields, i.e. licensed state automobile
inspector or licensed plumber (Preferred)
Experience with snow removal.
Experience operating heavy equipment and machinery.
Ability to regularly lift or move bulk objects, such as
Additionally, any level of experience working with electrical
circuitry, HVAC or BAS, plumbing, fabrication, or are a licensed
Job Specific Task List:
- Perform skilled work in predictive, preventative, and
corrective general maintenance. This includes performing carpentry,
masonry, painting, plumbing, basic electrical, basic HVAC, set ups,
furniture moves, auto and small equipment repairs, and interpreting
blue prints. - (Essential)
- Assist in scheduling and monitoring work performed by outside
contractors. - (Essential)
- Operate heavy equipment. - (Essential)
- Monitor, track and troubleshoot work orders to ensure progress,
safety and/or compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Assist in planning future projects for long-term maintenance,
sustainability and environmental impact. - (Essential)
- Maintain and repair assigned equipment as needed; perform
ongoing checks to determine need and ensure operational safety. -
- Record maintenance schedules, statistics and activities as
required on assigned computer systems and specified forms and
documents. - (Essential)
- Perform outdoor maintenance including snow removal, salt
spreading and placement of sandbags or flood systems when needed. -
- Assist other department operations, when needed, to ensure
continuity of operations. - (Essential)
- Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Full Time 12 Month
If part time, hours per week:
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
May 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time