This position ensures the effective delivery of
the college's involvement programs such as student leadership
opportunities, multicultural programs, volunteer opportunities,
civic engagement, and other campus initiatives supporting
retention, student success,
and out-of-class education. Through direct participation,
independent work, and administrative support functions, this role
helps to organize, execute, and ensure the success of inclusive
student involvement programming for students college wide and
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience, or a combination
of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the
essential duties of the job
Experience working with a variety of Microsoft Office applications
Experience with Banner
Job Specific Task List:
- Provides administrative support for the student involvement
leader and college wide student involvement staff; orders supplies,
tracks budget lines, interacts with students, answers phones,
schedules meetings, completes contracts and purchase orders,
arranges for payments, and reserves campus spaces using strong,
positive, communications skills to support the endeavors of the
department. - (Essential)
- Maintains online college calendar of student events and
activities; gathers and tracks all student involvement activities
college wide to be used in various publications, electronic
newsletters, and other outreach efforts regularly. -
- Works independently and effectively manages projects assigned,
demonstrating an ability to prioritize requests and organize the
assigned workload; may assign and monitor work of student workers.
- Gathers data on a range of student populations such as
traditional-age students, dual enrollment, adult/non-traditional
students, veterans, and first-generation students. -
- Processes and monitors personnel transactions and paperwork to
hire, reappoint, and terminate department employees; assists with
budget preparation; performs research. - (Essential)
- Provides event support as needed; may require travel to other
campuses. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Full Time 12 Month
If part time, hours per week:
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Aug 24, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 03, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time