Head Women's Lacrosse Coach
University Code 11231 University Title Head Coach 1-3 University Job Family Athletics ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Head Women's Lacrosse Coach Position Number FAB670 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group Executive & Senior Level Leadership Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach is responsible for the direction and development of nationally competitive Division I women’s lacrosse program. Reporting to the Senior Associate AD and supervising two Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coaches, the Head Coach will oversee the recruitment and training of all women’s lacrosse student-athletes to prepare them for competition in local, regional and national arenas. The Head Coach will also oversee the academic progress of all student-athletes and participate in required fundraising and development activities. All duties are performed in support of VCU Athletics’ mission to win conference and national championships, provide a first-class student-athlete experience, serve as a source of pride for the University and community and cultivate graduates who excel as leaders.
Minimum Hiring Standards
● Bachelor’s degree;
● Previous experience as an NCAA Division I women’s lacrosse coach;
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as staff member at VCU ;
● Demonstrated experience coaching a diverse student-athlete population, especially international student-athletes;
● Knowledge and experience with NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
● An advanced degree, or equivalent work experience;
● Previous head coaching experience; and
● Former student-athlete experience.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications or achieve certifications within 30 days of hire.
Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 + Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (some evenings and weekends may be required) Job Open Date 05/07/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105824 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Every member of the university community has a stake in and
responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive
excellence. Please share your past contributions toward promoting
equity, diversity and inclusion. Through this statement, you can
share how your lived and professional experiences will impact your
commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Athletics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond