Posting Number S01392 Position Title Program Coordinator Internal Position Title Program Coordinator Department Horticulture Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Program Coordinator, under supervision of the Associate Dean, Biological & Health Sciences, manages food production for the campus local foods and sustainable agriculture activities, including development of crop production schedules and coordination of sales to food services; develops and executes greenhouse food crop transplant production for the department plant sale; maintains the horticulture department social media accounts; coordinates the collection of compostable waste from food service/cafeteria and manages the composting system on horticulture building grounds; maintains equipment and works with Facilities and Grounds as needed; assists in the preparation and tracking of budget; hires and supervises temporary employees; and performs community outreach and education. Required Qualification
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. At least two (2) years’ experience with direct food production.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
5. Ability to do physical labor and lift minimum of 50 pounds on regular basis.
6. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Desired Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, horticulture or related field.
2. Experience with direct farm sales and marketing.
3. Tolerance of outdoor working situations in all weather.
4. Teaching experience.
5. Demonstrated experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders. Posting Date 07/14/2021 Closing Date 08/02/2021 Expected Start Date 08/01/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate The salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ability to work a variable schedule including periodic weekends. Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V Summary of Essential Functions
Garden Production & Marketing/ Project Leadership: 45%
1) Works with department faculty and horticulturist to plan and implement production of food crops on campus for sale and educational demonstration.
2) Manages local food and sustainable agriculture facilities and grounds including planting and caring for crops, maintaining crop and sales records, and maintaining supplies and equipment.
3) Plans and executes greenhouse and garden pest management strategy.
4) Coordinates with campus food services and food pantries to address harvest and supply of organically grown produce.
5) Promotes, organizes and staffs weekly on-campus market.
Education & Outreach/ Student & Customer Service: 25%
1) Liaises with internal departments and community stakeholders to advocate and market curriculum, local food, and sustainable agriculture.
2) Conducts tours of the campus local food and sustainable agriculture facilities and provide educational presentations on local food/sustainable agriculture as requested.
3) Develops and supervises horticulture class labs and field work.
4) Represents department on internal and external councils and committees and at outreach and recruiting events.
Department Operations: 25%
1) Maintains the compost system on horticulture grounds for class and community garden needs and maintains the composting area for the campus farm to process food service waste.
2) Coordinate’s collection of compostable food service waste.
3) Manages department social media accounts.
4) Conducts temporary staff recruiting, hiring, and training.
1) Ability to work a variable schedule including periodic weekends.
Performs other related job duties as assigned. Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have at least two (2) years’ experience with direct
- * Do you have the ability to do physical labor and lift minimum
of 50 pounds on regular basis?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in agriculture, horticulture,
or related field?
- * Do you have experience with direct farm sales and marketing?
- * Do you have teaching experience?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake