Development Coordinator 2 - Annual Giving - (STA007416)
Participates in the development and implementation of advancement programs (annual funds, alumni relations, special events, stewardship, public relations, etc.); plans and executes related activities and administrative functions; provides technical knowledge and experience in basic fund-raising principles and advancement activities.
- Assists development staff, managers and administrators in developing and implementing annual funds and grassroots programs for alumni and other donor constituent groups; participates in and coordinates phone-a-thons, direct mail appeals, membership drives, reunions, special events, etc.
- Develops and prepares acknowledgements, newsletters, brochures, press releases, reports, correspondence, and informational and solicitation materials for various advancement activities.
- Plans and conducts meetings, events, and activities to recruit volunteers, build relations with alumni, and maintain good will with various constituent groups.
- Provides guidance and supervision as needed to the UH student foundation and other volunteer student organizations involved in fund-raising and other advancement activities.
- Executes various administrative functions such as preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
This position will serve as the lead for UH Giving Day within the Office of Annual Giving which includes, but is not limited to development and execution of the overall strategic plan for UH Giving Day, committee organization and cross-campus coordination, volunteer management, and more. Specific duties include:
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic plan for UH Giving Day and continued UH Giving Day engagement activities including fundraising, communications and stewardship.
- Collaborates with internal departments, as well as campus partners and external vendors, to effectively coordinate UH Giving Day activities and communications.
- Tracks and analyzes the effectiveness of fundraising and communication strategies as they relate to UH Giving Day and provide strategic planning adjustments as needed.
- Direct operations of UH Giving Day on-campus activities to include UH Giving Day War Room, student engagement and division engagement.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment to enhance Cougar community outreach.
- Lead a coordinating committee with high-visibility as the “face” of UH Giving Day internally and to select external groups.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience in program management/development and/or fundraising in annual giving.
- Experience in digital fundraising and volunteer engagement.
Notes to Applicant: 1723919
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston