Sr. Dir of University Communications - (STA007412)
Directs a comprehensive communications program for a University of Houston senior leadership position focusing on the Office of the Provost and/or off-campus education units.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive internal and external communications program that raises the awareness and visibility of the Office of the Provost and/or the off-campus education units of the university.
- Plans and coordinates publications and communications, including newsletters, social media, and brochures.
- Manages Office of the Provost and/or off-campus education unit web pages and provides content updates.
- Works to strengthen communications links with key community and governmental agencies and organizations as well as other key constituent groups.
- Works with University Marketing and Communications to develop and implement strategic marketing, branding and image building campaigns and efforts to increase the awareness and visibility of the Office of the Provost and/or off-campus education units of the university.
- If under Office of the Provost; oversees the day to day communication activities of all Office of the Provost units and sub-units.
- If under Off-Campus education units; oversees the day to day activities including planning and administration of budget, resources and staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Note: This position will support the Office of the Provost.
Preferred Qualifications: At least 3 years’ experience in a senior-level communications, public relations, public affairs or journalism position
Notes to Applicant: Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston