Researcher 4 Soc Behv Science - (STA007420)
Provides expertise in support of research projects in social science, behavioral science, or humanities, including psychology, sociology, education, etc. Performs advanced testing procedures, data collection, and analysis. Prepares reports. May work with human subjects and contribute to grant proposal development. Ensures experiments are performed according to specifications. May make recommendations to changes in procedure, processes, or experimental design. May prepare and/or edit research papers, proposals and reports.Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge that crosses fields of specialization. Understands and uses effective management techniques.Duties: Plans assignments and sequence of events for large and complex projects. Reviews progress of projects. May liaison with other areas of specialization to obtain support or technical expertise for projects. Recommends major changes in procedures orprocesses to experimental process. May personally conduct important and/or technically complex investigations. Supervision: Operates with considerable latitude for unreviewed action. Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of personnel.
**Additional Job Posting Information**
Optional: Ph.D. – this position could be a research opportunity for candidates transitioning from Ph.D. completion to a faculty position and will provide opportunity to work on a funded research project and participate in developing and co-authoring research output.
Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge that crosses fields of specialization. Understands and uses effective management techniques.
- Plans assignments and sequence of events for a large and complex grant research project that involves coordination with 9 institutions.
- Communicates and coordinates effectively with senior external stakeholders in writing, in person and over the phone
- Summarizes meeting results and disseminates action items to team members
- Adheres to project and internal deadlines
- Manages, plans and coordinates team schedule, calendars and internal/external events for project PI team
- Develops and routinely updates project website
- Develops and deploys study materials, survey tools, web-based surveys, participant incentives and intervention tools
- Coordinates team activities and assists in supervision of project graduate students
- Develops project newsletters for sponsor agency and for partners
- Reviews progress of projects and uses project management skills and tools to advance project
- Utilizes data management systems and statistical analysis software
- Operates with considerable latitude for unreviewed action
- Conducts literature reviews
- May personally conduct important or technically complex investigations
- Collaborates on research articles and contributes to research paper submissions
- Develops effective ppt presentation materials for meetings with external stakeholders and sponsor agency
- Maintains overview of study budget and expenditures
- Collaborates actively on research projects related to workforce diversity, and work-family research
- Other duties as assigned
We are recruiting a social science researcher as a project coordinator/post doc for our NSF-funded three-year project aiming to study and enhance the diversity of faculty, and study gatekeeping processes that prevent the career progression of women and faculty of color in academic settings. The individual holding this position will serve a critical role in coordinating with our partner institutions and in managing a diverse, multidisciplinary team of investigators and stakeholders. We are particularly interested in applications from historically underrepresented minorities & individuals with a research focus on diversity science. Earliest possible preferred start date: July 2021 (with some flexibility). This position is located in Houston, TX, with some remote work possible.
Masters and 5 years experience
Master's Degree with 5 years experience.
Will consider education in lieu of experience. i.e., PhD and three (3) years' experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston