VICE CHANCELLOR FOR ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL AFFAIRS
To lead and manage the Finance and Administrative Affairs function by developing a strategy that contributes to the function’s development and that is aligned with the University’s vision.Main accountabilities & expectations
- Lead, direct and coach a team of professionals by using a collaborative approach so that they are able to direct and manage their assigned functions (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement, Facility management, Fixed Assets, etc.) whilst ensuring compliance with UOS' policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Oversee the implementation of UoS' policies to ensure that UoS's vision and mission are consistently and competently carried out across the departments under the Financial and Administrative Affairs' function.
- Lead the finance/ accounting practices and internal control, purchasing activities, contract management, inventory control, property and facilities management, risk assessment and management, human resource management, payroll, employee benefits and security to monitor that the UOS' goals and plans are met.
- Provide leadership and work closely with the Chancellor and Vice Chancellors in performing long-term financial planning and acts as a partner in strategic planning, prioritization and decision-making including endowment investment priorities, capital financing options and policy matters.
- Manage the implementation of improvements to the current ERP system, governing policies, procedures and accounting standards while maintaining a high level of internal controls.
- Chair the following committees: Employee Affair Committee, Financial Aid Committee, Disciplinary Committee, Community Housing Committee and Insurance Committee.
- Serve as the management liaison to the Board of Directors and present semi-annually the financial and operational reports.
- Provide leadership to the Finance and Administrative Affairs' teams, and collaborate with the directors of these departments in order to build and develop their organizational capabilities, provide them with development opportunities such as training, coaching, etc., as well as report on their performance.
- Represent the University externally and negotiate agreements with banks and major suppliers / service providers.
- Perform analysis aimed at identifying risk mitigation, leveraging opportunities and resourcing options that will lead to the attainment of the University mission.
- Manage the safety and security procedures required for admitting students to the various departments and manages the means of transportation for university faculty, administrators and students.
- Complete any other job-related tasks as assigned by line manager within the expected time limit.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Leads the management of change through proactive change
initiatives and programs across the Financial and Administrative
Affairs Function, as well as directs and ensures the effective
setting of functional and individual objectives in order to
maximize employees' and the Financial and Administrative Affairs
- Oversees the development of and approves the Financial and
Administrative Affairs' budget as well as monitors the financial
performance versus the budgets in order to identify areas of
unsatisfactory performance and resolve them, and capitalizes on
potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement.
- Directs continuous improvement mandates through proactive and regular development of systems, processes, and practices to ensure that the Financial and Administrative Affairs operations are lean and optimized.
- Directs the development and implementation of the Financial and Administrative Affairs policies, procedures, and controls so that all relevant procedural and legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality and cost-effective service to stakeholders.
- Provides the Chancellor with sound advice on matters pertaining
to organization structuring for the Financial and Administrative
Affairs to ensure that the structure supports the delivery of UoS's
strategy that resources are optimally utilized, and that
communication takes place in an efficient manner.
Systems, Processes and Reports
- Ensures that all reports generated by the Financial and Administrative Affairs or any of its functions are prepared in a timely and accurate manner, and that they meet UoS's requirements and standards.
- Leads the preparation of, reviews, and approves certain management reports as well as updates the Chancellor on all related activities pertaining to the Financial and Administrative Affairs operations in order to support management decision making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare professional documents, in both Arabic and English.
- Have a successful track record of leadership in a complex organisation in the higher education sector preferably.
- Experience in managing a senior team.
- Be skilled in strategy development, enterprise and organizational change.
- Ability to act as an ambassador for the University of Sharjah whilst also manage and share accountability across a senior team.
- Proven capability to develop and deliver admin and financial strategies for the Division.
- Knowledge and experience in public relations and external affairs.
- Advanced knowledge of the local and regional higher education market.
- Experience in marketing and external relations in the Middle Eastern in particular.
- Collaborative and solutions centric to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Clear presentation skills and ability to influence.
- Proficiency in MS office applications.
- Minimum of Master's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, or any relevant discipline.
- 12-14 Years of UAE experience in leadership position preferably in higher education institutions.
- Priority to UAE Nationals.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Financial Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Executive Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Executive Directors Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates