Academic Director/Lecturer for Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) & Data Sciences
Founded by Harvard and UCLA faculty, Univ.AI is a true online alternative to the world’s top institutions for AI & ML. Univ.AI is a live, cohort-based, premier online School for cutting-edge Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) training to students from across the globe. We employ the best professors and lecturers to bring our unique, “doing” based style of teaching and learning to students and professionals from all over the world. The institution is also developing a strong research program. For further information, visit https://www.univ.ai
About the Role
- There are two positions - (1) Lecturer OR (2) Academic Director
- Both positions are REMOTE and are annual (twelve-month) appointments, with renewal contingent on performance during the first year.
- The Lecturer will teach about eight (8), 5-week long courses online a year in machine learning, data science, and deep learning (some of these courses are repeat offerings, and also may need to be offered simultaneously in more than one time zone). They will need to plan curricula for new course offerings with other faculty and staff.
- The Academic Director appointment shall - in addition to teaching responsibilities - carry additional responsibilities for hiring top-notch faculty members and teaching assistants for the teaching team. They will have to create the program structure, program direction and contribute to the overall vision of the institute. They will teach about six (6), 5-week long courses online a year in machine learning, data science, and deep learning (some of these courses are repeat offerings, and also may need to be offered simultaneously in more than one time zone).
- The positions provide ample room and support of research along with a $15k minimum annual grant.
What we are looking for
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Mathematics/Physics/Engineering or a related field
- Teaching experience of 3-8 years and/or have held a leadership position for 3-8 years for Academic Director
- A compelling experience of 1-3 years for a Lecturer
- Strong passion for working closely with students from diverse backgrounds
- A compelling passion for teaching
- Ability to write and speak English fluently
- Respect and value for coworkers and students from diverse and ethnic backgrounds
- Be active in research. The position is accompanied by an optional $15K research fund
Date of Joining
1st June 2021
Lecturer: Annual compensation of $70,000 - $90,000 paid monthly + $15k research grant
Academic Director: Annual compensation of $90,000 - $110,000 paid monthly + $15k research grant
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents:
- A one-page cover letter highlighting the ways in which you plan to promote diversity and inclusion in the workspace
- Your updated CV
- A one-page teaching philosophy statement
- A one-page research plan
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in India
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in India
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in India
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in India