Academic Assessment Researcher
Milwaukee School of Engineering invites applications for a full-time Academic Assessment Researcher to join our CREATE Institute. Under the direction of the Director of the CREATE Institute, the Academic Assessment Researcher is responsible for managing a two-year Assessment Grant Project to identify key behaviors that can be used to assess development of the entrepreneurial mindset as defined by the KEEN framework (available for review at www.engineeringunleashed.com). Project management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, budget management, team communication, focus group coordination, travel logistics, conference registration, and reporting for the KEEN grant. Additionally, the Academic Assessment Researcher is responsible for co-supervising the research assistant and project consultants. This is a two-year appointment and is subject to Kern Family Foundation grant approval.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage KEEN Assessment Grant Project to ensure all deliverables are met in a timely manner and within budget
- Serve as principal investigator of IRB approved research project to identify key behaviors that can be used to assess development of the entrepreneurial mindset as defined by the KEEN framework (available for review at www.engineeringunleashed.com)
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the KEEN grant
- Manage the overall budget for KEEN grant and sub-award distribution
- Manage team communication with all partnering institutions and stakeholders
- Coordinate and facilitate focus groups
- Manage travel logistics and conference registration
- Co-supervise research assistant and project consultants with other members of the project leadership team
- Write and compile required annual reports and updates to the Kern Family Foundation
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and curate resources to assist faculty, staff and students in successfully fulfilling CREATE Institute goals
- Support the Associate Vice President of Academic Success and Institutional Effectiveness in efforts to assess institutional metrics
- Work collaboratively with all university personnel to promote CREATE Institute programming and MSOE’s shared purpose (mission, vision, values, and mindset)
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academics and/or Director of the CREATE Institute at MSOE
This above list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Master's degree required
- Minimum of five years of experience within higher education
- An understanding of the Entrepreneurial Mindset and KEEN Framework is preferred
- Experienced researcher in qualitative research projects involving focus groups
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding project management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to make decisions independently and work with minimal supervision
- Adept in data analysis as well as digital collaboration techniques
- Working knowledge of higher education
- Proficient in budgeting and tracking
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an open office environment
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships remotely
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before others. Ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral form.
- Ability to use numbers to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is largely sedentary, the ability to move is required. The employee is occasionally required to traverse within their work area as well as other areas on campus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
To apply to this position, please visit http://www.milwaukeejobs.com/apply/add/54811564.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of MSOE to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all jobs at the University and to all the terms, benefits, and conditions of employment/enrollment.