Department Chair-International Hospitality
Department Chair-International Hospitality & Service Innovation
Saunders College of Business
SCB International Hospitality and Service Innovation
Faculty Type (Tenure Status): Tenured
Faculty Discipline: International Hospitality & Service Mgmt
Faculty Rank: Associate Professor, Professor
Employment Category: Fulltime
Anticipated Start Date:
Detailed Job Description
The Saunders College of Business invites applications for the Department Chair position within the Department of International Hospitality & Service Innovation. Applicants must demonstrate significant academic and professional expertise in hospitality management and be committed to both an administrative and teaching role in the domain. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and vision that leverages the college's strengths in technological innovation and analytics as well as the strong history and impressive alumni base of RIT's Hospitality & Tourism Management program. The anticipated start date for this appointment is July 1, 2021 or January 1, 2022.
The chair will report to the Dean of the Saunders College of Business and be responsible for oversight of the department's academic programs, including curricular review and assessment, faculty coordination, budget management, program marketing, student recruitment, and engagement with external stakeholders for partnerships and sponsorships. The chair represents the department to students, alumni, faculty, administration, and industry partners.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student-centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. Select to view links to RIT's core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
The Saunders College of Business (SCB) is served by more than 65 full-time faculty members who value collegiality and teamwork. The Saunders College is accredited by AACSB International and offers bachelors' degrees in business administration with nine different majors. Graduate programs include an MBA, an Executive MBA, and Master of Science programs in several disciplines, including Hospitality & Tourism Management. Saunders is ranked in the top 100 by US News and World Report. The successful candidate will lead the Department of International Hospitality & Service Innovation, which houses BS and MS programs in Hospitality and Tourism Management. The department joined the SCB in 2019, and leverages the college’s strengths at the intersection of business, technology, and design. RIT began offering hospitality programs in1892, establishing a nearly 130-year history of excellence. The department has its own food and beverage lab and a student-run restaurant. The undergraduate program has also been offered since 1997 at RIT’s campus in Dubrovnik, Croatia. RIT owns the RIT Inn and Conference Center and recently purchased the Radisson Hotel, both of which provide great opportunities to enhance students’ experiential learning.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- PhD from an AACSB-accredited (or equivalent) institution and at least one degree or significant industry experience in hospitality and/or tourism management or a related field.
- Demonstrated record of successful research, teaching, and service at the university level.
- Professional experience in the domains of hospitality and/or tourism management.
- Successful engagement in educational leadership experiences.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all constituencies, including students, faculty, staff, alumni, administration, and industry partners.
- Demonstrable professional communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Evidence of capacity to articulate and implement a dynamic vision for the future of the International Hospitality & Service Innovation Department and the diverse programs that it administers
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
Required Minimum Education Level
Required Application Documents
How To Apply
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty; search openings, then Keyword Search 5686BRBR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications, and upload the following attachments:
- A statement of leadership philosophy
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers for three references
- Contribution to Diversity Statement
If you have questions about the position or the qualifications articulated above, please direct inquiries to IHSI-Search@saunders.rit.edu.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov.