Assistant Director of Recruitment, MBA-P
Assistant Director of Recruitment, MBA-P
Posting Number: R0003584
Location: Portland CampusSalem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Willamette University is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Director of Recruitment MBA-P.
The Assistant Director of Recruitment MBA-P is responsible for inquiry and application generation and management for the MBA for Professionals program—Willamette University's part-time, evening MBA program in Portland and Salem. This position combines elements of both sales and counseling and requires strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills. In addition, the Assistant Director will support admission and recruitment activities for Willamette University's Master's of Data Science program until September 1, 2021.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an admissions recruiter and counselor, this position is responsible for identifying, contacting, and maintaining relationships with prospective students from the point of inquiry through matriculation. As such, this individual maintains application files and inquiry records, plans on-campus and off-campus programs, and conducts business outreach, which includes participation in networking events, sponsorships, professional association meetings, and conferences. This position works collaboratively with the Assistant Dean of Admissions MBA-P, as well as the full-time, Early Career/Career Change Admissions team to meet enrollment goals. This position can be based in either Portland or Salem, Oregon and will require significant time in both cities. Flexible location arrangements are available based on the selected candidate's preferences and needs.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order.
- Serves as the first point of contact for prospective MBA
students by providing program, application, and admission
information through in-person meetings, telephone calls, electronic
communications, social media sites, and personal
- Generates prospective student interest and leads through
on-campus and off-campus recruitment activities, including
informational presentations, one-on-one meetings, receptions,
business forums, employment and career fairs, company site visits,
and participation in business associations and
- Plans and executes recruitment programs and events, both
virtual and in-person.
- Coordinates and manages prospective student class
- Assists with managing communication workflow related to
recruitment and yield activities.
- Works with the Director of Marketing to develop web and media
content, including recruitment publications and correspondence.
Maintains and manages publication inventory.
- Inputs and maintains CRM records for prospective and current
students, employers, and alumni.
- Monitors application outputs, changes, and trends. Reports lead
generation activities on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrates functional knowledge and understanding of
financial aid and scholarship application processes.
- Exercises exceptional professional judgment and ethical
behavior in interactions with prospective students and community
- Protects and properly utilizes University resources and
- Creates and maintains a strong and active professional
- Creates and manages application files. Collects required
credentials and application materials from prospective students and
catalogs their receipt. Frequently monitors individual student
progress and attrition throughout the application
- Manages and routinely updates and maintains records in Slate
and Colleague, Willamette University's student information
- Regularly communicates with prospective students regarding
their application status.
- Drafts application summaries and reports.
- Works closely with Willamette University staff to ensure a high
level of service to prospective students.
- Strongly demonstrates the ability to work with confidential
information. Ensures and safeguards University compliance with
Federal laws and statutes pertaining to student records.
- Works with prospective students and Director of Admission to
gather required information and documentation related to transfer
- Updates student files and electronic records after
- Coordinates with University departments—Financial Aid, Health
Center, Registrar's Office, Student Accounts, etc.—to ensure timely
receipt of required information and documentation for admitted
- Assists with the planning, organization, and execution of new
student orientation programs and yield events throughout the
- Participates actively as a member of the Atkinson Graduate
School of Management admission team. Makes positive contributions
to discussions related to recruitment, admission, student
enrollment, and departmental budgets.
- Assists and supports the recruitment activities of any Atkinson
Graduate School of Management program as assigned.
- Protects confidential information in interactions with faculty,
students, staff, alumni, donors, and any other unauthorized person
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Two or more years of experience with personal selling,
integrated marketing communication strategy, enrollment management,
college admissions, or management education.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and listening
communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and
explain programs, policies, and procedures to a broad constituency
of individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a high
level of self-motivation and direction. Ability to effectively
manage multiple projects and tasks in a manner consistent with all
Atkinson School and University policies and procedures.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as well as travel when
needed. The Atkinson School has locations in both Portland and
Salem, Oregon, and this position will maintain a regular presence
on both campuses. This position also requires regular, local travel
to corporate offices and other locations throughout the Portland
metro area and the mid-Willamette Valley.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Experience with Slate or a comparable CRM is strongly preferred. A
willingness to learn new computer skills is necessary for this
- Ability to accurately input, maintain, collect and monitor
database information and hard copy files. Experience with data
collection, database management, data extraction and report
generation proficiency is preferred.
- Ability to author and maintain simple web page content, links,
- Ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality make
independent, sound decisions and utilize good judgment.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and facilitating programs
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively as a
member of a team, as well as establish and maintain harmonious
relations with administrators, staff, faculty, employers, students,
prospective students, alumni and others in a manner that positively
portrays the University and its programs, personnel and
- Must possess a current driver's license valid in the state of
Oregon or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire and a
driving record insurable by the University's insurer.
- Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record
MBA from an AACSB-accredited institution or an equivalent master's degree is preferred.
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with evenings and weekends as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typical work performed in a normal office environment.
Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Portland-Campus/Assistant-Director-of-Recruitment--MBA-P_R0003584
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.