Vice President for Enrollment Management
West Virginia State University
West Virginia State University (WVSU) is a public-land grant institution, which was founded in 1891 as a Historically Black College and University (HBCU), and has evolved into a fully accessible, diverse, and multi-generational institution serving approximately 3,500 students. The University is a community of students, staff, and faculty committed to innovative teaching and learning, research and service that offers 23 undergraduate and seven graduate degrees through its four colleges, and competes in athletics at the NCAA Division II level in five men’s sports and six women’s sports. WVSU is located in Institute, WV, a suburb of Charleston, the largest city and the capital of West Virginia. With more than 300,000 people living in the metropolitan area, it is an active, exciting and engaging community, boasting cultural and historical events, music, festivals and entertainment.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management reports to the President, is a member of the President’s Executive Cabinet and serves as the chief enrollment officer with the principal responsibility for developing a comprehensive enrollment management strategy that fosters an integrative recruitment, admissions and retention effort consistent with the university’s strategic goals and direction. This position has direct managerial responsibility and
oversight for the Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, Transfer Articulation, First Year Experience, including New Student Orientation, and the Registrar. The Vice President of Enrollment Management position requires a strong leader who can develop and maintain continuous interaction with the Academic Affairs, the Office of Student Affairs, the Deans Council. The ideal candidate is also expected to develop and enhance valuable partnerships with external constituents that help drive enrollment growth. The Vice President of Enrollment Management must ensure the appropriate dissemination and adherence to state and federal regulations, university and West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission, and other matters pertaining to the assurance of program compliance and success.
This is an at-will, essential, FLSA exempt, full-time, benefits eligible position.
Responsibilities for the Vice President of Enrollment Management
The Vice President of Enrollment Management reports to the President and is a key thought leader, strategic partner and member of the President’s Executive Cabinet. This position is to provide leadership, direction, and coordination of all aspects of enrollment management, which includes student recruitment, admissions, financial aid, registration, retention, and enrollment marketing. Responsibilities include the development, assessment, and utilization of historical and trend data for the enhancement of enrollment operations. This position may include other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Required
- A master’s degree is required
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in a senior administrative role and in a leadership position in enrollment management
- This position requires visionary and innovative leadership, excellence in team building, highly developed written and oral communication skills, and the ability to form and maintain collaborative working relationships. It also requires one who is adept at setting and attaining key strategic goals
- The candidate will have extensive capabilities in using qualitative and quantitative data to drive effective marketing, recruitment, admission, and student retention programs. It is essential that the candidate have the ability to manage operational aspects of the enrollment management function, including effective budgeting and fiscal management, personnel and strategic planning processes, and proficient use of web-based technologies and Banner
- Applicants should have relevant and significant administrative experience in higher education and a thorough knowledge of information technology that fosters the quality of student information and supports admissions, registration and records, and the administration of financial aid.
- Evidence of exceptional planning, organization, communication, and team-building skills is essential
Preferred Years’ Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
Doctoral degree preferred. 7-10 years of demonstrated experience in a senior administrative role and in a leadership position in enrollment management.
$110,000 -$140,000 salary commensurate with experience and relocation assistance may be available
This position will remain open until filled. However, first consideration will be given to applicants who submit a resume, cover letter, academic transcripts, and the names and email addresses or phone numbers of three professional references by June 13, 2021. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
Please submit application materials via email, mail or in person to: email@example.com or mail to:
West Virginia State University
Department of Human Resources
- O. Box 1000, 105 Cole Complex
Institute, WV 25112
West Virginia State University conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check.
West Virginia State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. No person shall be denied admission to educational programs, activities or employment on the basis of any legally protected status, or be subjected to prohibited discrimination involving, but not limited to, such factors as race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made to provide this content into an alternate accessible format by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-766-3156.
Apply for Vice President for Enrollment Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Institute
- Student Affairs Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Institute
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Institute
- Executive Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Institute
- Other Executive Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Institute