Laboratory Animal Technician II
The Center for Comparative Medicine provides for the care, health and well-being of all research animals used in the pursuit of scientific achievement and excellence at Baylor College of Medicine. CCM provides the highest quality veterinary and animal care and acts as a resource for the faculty on veterinary and scientific issues relating to the use of laboratory animals. Under general supervision, this position provides routine care and handling of laboratory animals in a safe and sanitary manner. The LATII position includes some leadership duties such as training and oversight of ACS staff and receiving PO's and supplies as needed.
- Feeds and waters animals.
- Oversees cage wash daily operations.
- Signs multiple husbandry logs.
- Conducts daily animal health checks.
- Applies permanent identification devices.
- Ensures that activities are in compliance with AAALAC standards.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) by the American
Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS). Certification
must be obtained within one year of hire or promotion.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.