Laboratory Animal Veterinarian
The University of Maryland School of Medicine has an opportunity for a Clinical Veterinarian to work in the Program in Comparative Medicine. The Laboratory Animal Veterinarian is responsible for performing animal-based research activities and animal clinical care in a laboratory setting with a variety of species. Work is performed in accordance with USDA animal welfare regulations, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Public Health Services (PHS), Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW), Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALACi), and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) guidelines.
- Provide veterinary clinical care for the animals at UMB.
- Perform surgical support and provide anesthesia, surgical and analgesic technical expertise/advice to facilitate protocol development.
- Assist in training for veterinary technicians, and research staff. Training may include veterinary diagnostics, techniques, and minor surgical procedures.
- Provide animal health care guidance for veterinary services personnel as required.
- Ensure that reports and other materials are prepared and submitted as required.
- Provide support for activities of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), including protocol review, program review and facility inspections.
- Serve on the IACUC as voting member or alternate member.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, guidelines and standards that relate to animal care and use.
- Make recommendations and assist in establishing and enhancing veterinary and animal care standards.
- Facilitate and implement gnotobiotic research
- Education Required: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris (VMD).
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience in Laboratory Animal Medicine.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Licensed Veterinarian by the Maryland Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and organization skills.
- Proficiency, knowledge and experience with computers and Microsoft Office Suite tools, including Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu .
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu . Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Surgery Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore