Director of Instrumental Music
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Instrumental Music Director. This is a part-time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct instrumental music and ensembles both on- and off-campus, including a wide range of music genres.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Direct instrumental music performers in choral, solos, and ensembles.
- Conduct and participate in outreach activities, including guest conductor appearances, teaching master classes, on- and off-campus performances, and supporting events held by the music educator community.
- Participate in major admissions events as appropriate to provide information about instrumental music opportunities or to connect with interested students.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to determine program effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responds to student needs.
- Recommend policies to improve program.
- Provide budget information, including cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Ensure that programs are cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of overall operation of instrumental music program.
- Ability to establish and maintain meaningful relationships with high school music directors.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and University policies governing student instrumental music members.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be eligible for coverage under the University policy (valid driver’s license, no disqualifying violations).
- A Master’s degree in Education or applicable field is preferred.
- A valid teaching certificate preferred.
- Three years teaching and instrumental directing experience, at collegiate level preferred.
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here.