Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Department of Psychology at Princeton University invites applications for a postdoctoral research associate or more senior research position in the Human Diversity Lab, under the supervision of Dr. Kristina Olson. This position is for a postdoc who will lead projects primarily focused on questions about LGBTQ identities.
This is a one-year term position with the possibility of renewal contingent upon continued funding and satisfactory performance. Start date approximately August 1, 2021. Interested applicants should apply online at https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/20501 and submit a CV and a cover letter explaining your relevant research experience. Please also submit contact information (but not letters) for three references. Contact Dr. Kristina Olson (email@example.com) with additional questions. The person in this role may be able to work remotely, subject to negotiation.
This position involves original research on and about LGBTQ people. The research requires advanced quantitative and data wrangling skills, analysis of social media data, and some qualitative analysis. Applicants must meet the essential qualifications to be considered for this position.
- Ph.D. required in social, cognitive or developmental psychology in hand or completed before the start of the position.
- A master’s degree in statistics or quantitative psychology
- Experience with statistical software R, GGplot, tidyverse, RedCap, Qualtrics
- Expertise with computational text analysis, cluster analysis, network analysis, multi-level modeling, multivariate statistics, grounded theory
- Experience with Twitter scraping or related social media analysis
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with study participants
- Detail-oriented, motivated, efficient, and able to work independently
- Experience studying LGBTQ people and/or attitudes/stereotypes about LGBTQ people
This position is subject to the University’s background check policy. Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.