Visiting Professor, Biology
The Biology Department at the University of St. Thomas invites applications for two full-time, non-tenure-track Visiting Faculty positions for the academic year from September 2021 through May 2022. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in Molecular/Cell Biology OR Ecology/Environmental Science/Conservation Biology. We seek applicants with a record of success in teaching and scholarship in these and related fields, and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The successful candidates will each participate in teaching six Biology courses at the introductory and major’s level, as well as professional engagement and service to the department. Successful applicants will have access to shared research space and professional development funds. Service activities could include mentoring students, diversity/equity/inclusion work, or curriculum development.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our university mission: Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
The UST Biology Department is a professionally-engaged, inclusive community that equips undergraduate students to find their passions, embark on meaningful careers, and become responsible, scientifically literate citizens through authentic experiences in science.QUALIFICATIONS
A PhD in a related academic discipline and a strong commitment to excellent teaching is required. Previous experience teaching undergraduates and/or completion of pedagogical coursework are strongly preferred. We are committed to furthering diversity, equity and inclusion in our curricular and extracurricular pursuits, and particularly encourage applicants for whom this is a personal and professional priority.
The current appointments are for the 2021-2022 academic year and are not renewable.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered for this opportunity, all interested applicants must apply online at https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. There are multiple parts to the application process. Applicants will first be asked to create an applicant profile and upload their supplemental application materials:
- CV that includes at least three references who can specifically
address the candidate’s teaching experience (no references will be
without first getting the permission of the candidate)
- A statement that presents the candidate’s philosophy of teaching and commitment to an inclusive classroom (uploaded into the “Teaching philosophy” field)
- A statement describing the professional engagement activities the candidate proposes to conduct during the appointment period, including how this work would support the ongoing development of the candidate’s professional interests (uploaded into the “Description of Research Agenda” field)
- A statement that describes the candidate’s perspective on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and bringing diverse perspectives to the Biological Sciences through student or community engagement and personal experiences and training (uploaded into the “Additional Documents” field)
- A position-specific cover letter (which you will be asked to copy/paste into the job application)
Please do not upload any additional documents into the other available fields within the candidate profile at this time. Further application materials may be requested at a later date, but no additional materials beyond those requested above are asked of you at this time.
After creating and submitting an applicant profile, you will be taken to the job specific application. This is where you will be asked to copy/paste your position specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Biology & Life Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul