Educational Foundations Lecturer - School of Education
The School of Education is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and socially just community. We are seeking applications from individuals who share this commitment. This position will encourage and demonstrate diversity, eradicate stereotypes, enhance self-esteem, encourage all member of the community to have a voice and demand educational achievement for UWSP teacher candidates.
Furthermore, the successful candidate for this position will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in teaching pedagogy and pluralism as well as develop and maintain collaboration(s) with local school systems and with both UWSP branch campuses. These courses serve students seeking elementary, early childhood, special education, physical education, and/or secondary education majors. Additionally, this candidate may teach courses in both graduate and special education certification programs. Also, this position will provide necessary support to the Elementary Education Block which is integral to the success of the school of education and makes UWSP a nationally recognized program for recruitment and retention. Other responsibilities will involve department service activities, advising, mentoring and professional development. This position may include student teacher supervision. This is a nine-month academic year appointment. Summer teaching may be available.
• Earned the minimum of a master's degree from an accredited college or university.
• Experience and study in Pluralism Instruction and/or leadership
• Demonstrated ability to teach/implement research-based adolescent and elementary best practice for all diverse populations and grade levels in a variety of educational settings.
• Three (3) years full-time successful teaching experience in public/private PK-8 schools
• Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse teams, innovative thinking, good decision-making, flexibility, and effective problem-solving strategies.
• Earned doctorate in Educational Leadership/Human Development, Culture and/or Educational Psychology.
• ABD considered.
• Experience in collaborative and/or inclusionary settings
• Demonstrated commitment to reflective teaching practices.
• Experience and evidence of success with college level instruction
To apply, click on the appropriate link within the position announcement on the UW-Stevens Point HR job vacancy website: http://www.uwsp.edu/hr/jobs/Pages/
Required application materials listed within the position announcement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point