Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice - Faculty
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
The Department of Behavioral Sciences, at Jarvis Christian College, invites applications for a full-time (9 month) tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Criminal Justice to begin August 15, 2021. The Department’s Criminal Justice Program offers an Associate degree in Criminal Justice, a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice, and soon to come on board, is a Master of Science degree program in Criminal Justice. The salary for this position is competitive.
- D. in Criminal Justice or a closely related field, such as criminology.
- Experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate criminal justice courses.
- Show a history or ability to publish peer-reviewed research or articles.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug-testing.
- Perform teaching, scholarship, service, professional development, and program assessment for accreditation.
- Teach undergraduate criminal justice courses, and subsequently teach graduate criminal justice courses when the criminal justice master’s program comes on board.
- Perform student advising and partake in student recruitment.
- Work collaboratively with other faculty, staff, and students to advance the mission of the Department and College.
- Perform other faculty responsibilities as outlined in the faculty handbook.
To apply, please send by email a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, transcripts, a writing sample, 3 letters of professional references (at least one from a previous employer) and a list of the three referees with their names, titles, telephone numbers, and email addresses are to be included in the application packet. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates are to forward their application materials to email@example.com, or a completed application packet can be submitted to:
Jarvis Christian College
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 1470
Hwy. 80 E, PR 7631
Hawkins, Texas 75765
Jarvis an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Jarvis Christian College is committed to diversity in our faculty, staff, and student body.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hawkins
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hawkins
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hawkins