Part-time Executive Assistant
Job Code/Title 81233 - H - Exec Administrative Assistant GA 3 Position Number H19133 Working Title Part-time Executive Assistant Department President Emeritus Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $20 - $25 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 16 Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Office of the President Emeritus invites applicants for the part-time Executive Assistant position. This role will perform a variety of administrative functions to support the goals, initiatives, and priorities of the President Emeritus.
These functions include managing records; coordinating schedules and events; coordination of fiscal operations; representing the Office effectively to internal and external customers; special projects; reviewing correspondence and drafting responses as appropriate; ensuring compliance with University policies and procedures; and other administrative duties as needed.
• Previous experience providing executive level support
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively in both oral and written forms with multiple and diverse constituencies
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
• High level organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to exercise good judgment in making routine decisions and to use independent critical thinking and problem solving skills to anticipate and meet the needs of the President Emeritus
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
• Related executive support experience in a higher education setting at or above the Dean’s Office level.
• College degree in Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent applicable training and experience.
Job Open Date 05/12/2021 Remove from posting on or before 05/19/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106039 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Please indicate the number of years of experience you have as
an executive assistant.
- Some experience, but less than 6 months
- 6 months - 1 year
- More than one year but less than 3 years
- 3 years - 5 years
- More than 5 years
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond