Postdoctoral Research Associate - Flow Chemistry and/or instrumentation/automation
Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number P00001 Working Title Postdoctoral Research Associate - Flow Chemistry and/or instrumentation/automation Department Chemical & Life Science Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $52,500 - $55,000 (based on experience) Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
We are seeking a talented and passionate scientist who is eager to be part of cutting edge manufacturing science and development. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to develop advanced flow chemistry processes and/or instrumentation/automation for inorganic materials. The projects offer opportunity for both academia and industrial collaborations, with a vast network of scientists and engineers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in flow chemistry and/or flow instrumentation design or process automation. Other desired expertise include flow-associated analytical and characterization techniques/sensors, and optional experience include in multiphase flow (e.g., slug flow), mesoscale reactor, surface tension, microfluidics, computational fluid dynamics, and/or material chemistry (e.g., hydrothermal, battery).
• Ph.D. in Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related field
• Expertise in flow chemistry and/or instrumentation/automation
• Excellent writing and communication skills, such as composing manuscripts
• Interest and ability to mentor junior team members, and ensure the highest levels of laboratory safety
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and short turnaround times
• (Optional but desired) Experience in multiphase flow, mesoscale reactor, surface tension, microfluidics, computational fluid dynamics, and/or material chemistry (e.g., hydrothermal).
• Expertise in flow-associated analytical and characterization techniques/sensors
Job Open Date 05/13/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates for consideration must upload a cover letter of interest, CV, and three professional references to include emails and phone numbers in a single PDF file. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
VCU is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106071 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you find out about this position?
- ○ Alumni association magazine
- ○ Chronicle of Higher Education
- ○ Community event
- ○ Email notification
- ○ HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- ○ Higher education publication
- ○ Internal Recruiter
- ○ Job fair
- ○ Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- ○ Listserv
- ○ Newspaper
- ○ Professional association/journal
- ○ Referred by person/employee
- ○ Search firm notification
- ○ VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- ○ Other
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond