Assistant Athletic Trainer
Administer a comprehensive sports medicine program for University
intercollegiate sports. The Athletic Trainer will also perform
professional and administrative services as assigned (continuing
education/injury tracking, policies & procedures/inventory,
insurance claims/athletic training student scheduling etc.)
essential for the successful implementation and development of the
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU
2. Understand and agree to abide by the NATA Code of Ethics and the
BOC Standards of Professional practice.
3. Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and
4. Develop overall sports medicine program for the University,
including injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury
management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational
programs and counseling for student-athletes.
5. Educate athletes on basic fitness, nutrition, and conditioning
programs for student athletes.
6. Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic
department, including attendance at scheduled team practices, home
and away competitions, as necessary. Remain flexible and positive
regarding changes in schedules due to unforeseen
7. Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to
ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness,
nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual
8. Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would
enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
9. Administers first aid to injured athletes as needed.
10. Ability to perform prophylactic and protective taping and
11. Knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of
12. Supervises safety factors of athletic competition by ensuring
elimination of undue hazards.
13. Regularly checks rehabilitation equipment.
14. Reviews all daily logs, evaluations and/or other pertinent
15. Medical coverage of post-season playoff games and
16. Certified in CPR and strong knowledge of emergency medical
17. Collects and files physical forms for every athlete according
to NCAA Sports Medicine Policy and Procedures.
18. Coordinate and administer institutional drug testing according
to policy and facilitate NCAA year-round drug testing program in
coordination with Drug Free Sport personnel.
19. Acts as liaison between athletes, physicians, and health
20. Maintain up-to-date information of sport regulations, rule
changes and NCAA policies. Report any compliance issues regarding
countable athletically related activities ( CARA ) or
21. Ensure the physical, emotional and social welfare of
22. Establish a safe environment for student-athletes.
This position could be responsible to be an Approved Clinical
Instructor to Athletic Training students in an Entry Level Master’s
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Ability to evaluate therapeutic needs for student-athletes, and
to fit and modify therapeutic and/or protective equipment.
Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and
Skill in the use of first aid procedures.
Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety
Ability to design and implement fitness, nutrition and/or
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student
Able to be a positive representative of the University at all
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control
procedures and documentation.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
Ability to travel, including domestic/international air travel,
and work nights/weekends/holidays.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and two to
three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education. Master’s degree preferred. Certified as
an Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification ( BOC );
Familiarity with NCAA governing rules.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document